Why become a member? ×

NBD - Limelight Jazz Bass 1960 YOB *Spitfire Guard!*

discreet

[quote name='bh2' timestamp='1402152725' post='2470502']
Nice matt... does it eat the food you leave out for it?
[/quote]

:lol:[size=4] it's got a bowl of water, too - in case it gets thirsty in the night![/size]

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1402153944' post='2470517']
Awful looking piece of driftwood Mark, you might as well drop it off at my place the moment it arrives and promptly forget you ever owned it :D
[/quote]

I'll do a loan swap for that nice 76P you got from somewhere... ;)

[quote name='dmz' timestamp='1402153981' post='2470520']
Looks the bees knees! Looking forward to your review :)
[/quote]

Thank you young man, I'll post it ASAP. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='bh2' timestamp='1402152725' post='2470502']
Nice matt... does it eat the food you leave out for it?
[/quote]

haha!! no thats for the dog, its not mine, only the bass is mine, that was the day I had it delivered to my work, and the girl who sits next to me brings her dog in with her most days. I don't think the alpen is for the dog though, I think that's hers.

On a side note, the day that bass arrived I got some last minute changes dumped on me and had to stay till about 9:30 when all I wanted to do was go home and play that bass. Last friday I had a GREAT 70s rickenfaker delivered and the same damn thing happened!!

[quote name='Mattmit' timestamp='1402303719' post='2471762']
On a side note, the day that bass arrived I got some last minute changes dumped on me and had to stay till about 9:30 when all I wanted to do was go home and play that bass. Last friday I had a GREAT 70s rickenfaker delivered and the same damn thing happened!!
[/quote]

The answer is obvious - give up work! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well... look what just arrived at my house in a brand new Hiscox case... OH, YES!! :D

Sorry for wobbly pic - my hands were shaking when I took it! :D

Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment, so having a little lie down...

Initial impressions? Much darker colouring than in Mark's pics... which is a good thing. The pickguard is much better than I thought it was, but I've ordered a Spitfire replacement anyway purely because they are just so stunning. The bass is strung with 45-105 roundwounds, which are bright and bouncy but I've got some Status Half-Wounds coming (my current favourite) so when they arrive I'll post some sound files.

Bass seems very light - I'll weigh it later on. It's very resonant, too. Set up perfectly by Mark. I bought a 1212L from Raggy of this parish a while back - he has a 62 or a 64 Jazz... can't remember which - and this really isn't a million miles away. It's even got a slab board!

More impressions, pics and sound files later, when I've recovered from the shock of FedEx delivering it in one piece! ;)

Have taken half a Junior Disprin and will see if I rally round a bit in due course... :D WHOA!!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1403707104' post='2485489']
Hoorah for tort plate ;)
[/quote]

Yes - properly fitted on a white* bass, as it should be.

*White in this case being aged Olympic white, which can be anything from cream to egg-yolk. :)

Thanks for the comments, guys. Very pleased. :)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1403708204' post='2485506']
Now go and record something with it... I want to hear how it sounds...
[/quote][size=4][quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1403708368' post='2485508'][/size]More pics and sound wanted...
[/quote]

Waiting on Status Half-Wounds (due tomorrow) then I'll record some clips.
I'll take some more pics tomorrow, too. :)

Been busy this afternoon... got to make some more money before the current mrs discreet finds out how I've spent it!

Edited by discreet