Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB2000 NO LONGER FOR SALE (sorry, keeping it)
£650

SimonH

[s]NOW £550!!!! [/s]

NO LONGER FOR SALE! Apologies chaps...

[s]For sale only, this is a fab 1985 MIJ honeyburst Yamaha BB2000 in 9/10 condition & no issues. Only noticeable cosmetic is a fingernail mark above the J pick up and a chip a couple of mm long an deep on the top edge. Otherwise it's excellent.

Not sure of the wood specs (I've heard it's maple/mahogany neck and alder sides) but it's neck through, ebony board (again, looks like dark rosewood to me) with oval pearl markers.

Passive P/J pickups (with reversed P and blade-style J) apparently sound like a P on steroids, but I can't say I've heard one of those. I can say the P position sounds rounder than a P; less reedy and woody. The J sounds a bit fatter than a standard J too, I think. But not much.

Controls are V, T, 3-way toggle. Simple, effective.

Bass weighs a fair bit - not had it on the scales but it's not a lightweight thing and other reviews have said it's 9.5lb - less than the Ibanez 1979 Roadster it's parked next to on the wall! (which is for sale as well).

Reason for sale: basically, I've got too many basses and seeing as this one is too precious to be gigged in sweaty pubs where beer gets spilt in the most unlikely places, it's gotta go. Painful, but the only thing we get to keep is what we give away. Or, at least, sell.

Sorry the pics are rubbish. I can do posh ones if required. All questions, fire away.

I'm asking £650 £550 which is as low as I'm going to go! No takers, it stays on the wall.

One more thing: comes with a tatty, but solid, Yamaha case. And I'm out in the Fens, halfway between Spalding and Kings Lynn. I can get to Peterborough, north to Boston, Grantham is a pain but Stamford's ok. I can also post or courier as long as the buyer sorts it out the hassle and cost.[/s]

Edited by SimonH

Just weighed the Yamaha and she's 4496g, or 9lb 14.6oz of your English.

Also had a better look at her and she's got two more cosmetics of note: one is a chip on the top edge, to the wood, not visible when playing, couple of mm in length. And slight worming and light scratches on the back. Not buckle rash. There are no marks on the neck.

This was mine at one time. If only I wasn't living in the middle of the desert I may have been tempted to buy this back. Gorgeous. Unlike the Droids in Star Wars this is the BB2000 you are looking for. Simon is a top bloke to deal with too! Craig

Nah im in Doha Qatar.Shortly after the deal with yourself i got offered a job here. Such is the glamour of TV news. (no guesses who i work for then!) I am going down the road to Abu Dhabi to see the work in progress on the new Star wars films, got a mate who works there...HAVE A BUMP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...