Why become a member? ×

1978 Antigua, cant decide...

alembic63

[quote name='alembic63' timestamp='1402416279' post='2473263']
Ive been playing this bass none stop since I got it over the weekend, I cant put it down......it's a fabulous bass, great neck, great weight and funnily enough it looks better on than off.

Im getting a quote tomorrow for the repair work and Im going to keep it as original as possible.
[/quote]

Awesome, really happy you've found a bass you like so much. And glad to hear it's going to stay the way it is :)

I really like it by the way.

Edited by brensabre79

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1402416440' post='2473266']
That's a rare thing indeed.... treasure it.
[/quote]

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1402417410' post='2473283']
Awesome, really happy you've found a bass you like so much. And glad to hear it's going to stay the way it is :)

I really like it by the way.
[/quote]

Thanks Guys.......I'll post some photos once its done....

• 11 months later...

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1432371253' post='2780871']

Whaaa...? Blimey, I didn't expect that!
[/quote]

Haha.....I know,couldn't live with the slime green,had a few quotes for a restore to Antigua but in the end , sliced 10mm off the body and got Brian Eastwood to stick on the Rosewood veneer, and buckeyeburl top.....

Edited by alembic63

[quote name='alembic63' timestamp='1432371790' post='2780881']
Haha.....I know,couldn't live with the slime green,had a few quotes for a restore to Antigua but in the end , sliced 10mm off the body and got Brian Eastwood to stick on the Rosewood veneer, and buckeyeburl top.....
[/quote]

You did right! I've never liked Antigua, and although I don't go a bundle on exotic woods, that bass is jaw-dropping!

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1432372732' post='2780890']
Mrs Chiliwailer is in love with that, rosewood veneer is a great touch. Bold move gone well :)
[/quote]

Thanks....its better looking in the flesh and the glockenklang pre sounds amazing

Thanks guys,here you go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/341iehrhu2nv70n/20150519_185843.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b00i8lhso6sw2jd/20150519_190001.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvi3a07kcecwcjx/20150519_185729.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0fbikdy666dsg9/20150519_185625.jpg?dl=0

I'd probably leave the neck as it is if it's all original, obviously the bodies worth has been decreased, but if you ever sell it, the neck would up the worth if its untouched.
However if the neck has also been fiddled with previously, refinished etc, then why not! :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1432547481' post='2782443']
I'd probably leave the neck as it is if it's all original, obviously the bodies worth has been decreased, but if you ever sell it, the neck would up the worth if its untouched.
However if the neck has also been fiddled with previously, refinished etc, then why not! :)

Si
[/quote]

Yeah I take your point Si,the neck is original and one of the best Fender jazz necks I've played and that's the main reason I've invested in the renovation work to be honest.