Why become a member? ×

15 String Harp Bass (5 String EUB B-G + 2x5 string harps)
£500

This extraordinary instrument came to me from the States a few years ago, and has been a source of pride ever since. Sadly I'm leaving the country so it needs a new home!

The central neck works like a short-scale 5 string EUB, and the other 10 strings I usually tune specifically to the song at hand. This is a challenging instrument, but I speak from experience when I say that if the opportunity arises to gig with this, and you pull it off, you'll be the talk of the town.

As far as I understand two of these were built by an experimental luthier, and YouTube will deliver you some videos of the other one being played with some success. The build quality isn't flawless (it appears the fingerboard, with its lovely inset floral design, is lifted from a fretless electric so the fret dots are miles off, and some of the knobs are decorational) which is reflected in the price I'm asking, but I hope you'll agree this is a great looking, unique instrument, and in the right hands is something quite special.

It comes with a hard-case, with all pickups working (with tone and volume controls for each of the three 'stems').

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions! Ideally I'd be after collection from Cambridge, but am happy to negotiate delivery/meeting half-way. I'm also frequently in London if that is of any help.

If you fancy a challenge, or simply want to enjoy the conversation starter 'have I told you about my 15 string bass?', you won't be disappointed!

Edited by petef4

:o

I've never seen anything quite like this instrument
It looks absolutely amazing!

Sadly, I struggle with anything more than 4 strings
This would confuse me endlessly
Just wanted to say it's amazing though

....and have a free bump, for daring to play / own such an unusual instrument :)