Why become a member? ×

Best strings for 4 string bass - drop c tuning

dom2113

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I use an Ibanez SR-800am and need the best strings for drop c tuning.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]ive been recommended to get the [color=#000000]Rotosound RS665LB Swing Bass 66 5 String (35-120) - or using the bottom 4 of a light 5 string set.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]can anyone recommend the best strings for tuning a 4 string bass to drop c - best gauge/metal etc [/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]thanks[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Dom[/color][/font][/size]

I've used the DR DDTs 115-55, which I thought were pretty good but really expensive. I found the 55 gauge 'F' string and 75 gauge high 'C' on the DRs to be pretty tight, while the 115 low C was pretty damn loose, although perfectly usable.

I have been using the D'addario balanced tension 120-50 set. They are pretty much half the price of the DRs and are way more balanced from string to string.

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1403031201' post='2479092']
I've used the DR DDTs 115-55, which I thought were pretty good but really expensive. I found the 55 gauge 'F' string and 75 gauge high 'C' on the DRs to be pretty tight, while the 115 low C was pretty damn loose, although perfectly usable.

I have been using the D'addario balanced tension 120-50 set. They are pretty much half the price of the DRs and are way more balanced from string to string.
[/quote]
Interesting! Thanks, I must look into those myself.