Why become a member? ×

Hey + some largeish pics!

Iain

I've been browsing the forum for info and bass-pr0n for a while and thought I should register and say Hi... Hi!

I've played bass for 27 years but hadn't played from '99 until last summer. I went along to a Rush gig in Manchester last summer with a couple of mates and ended up wondering why I wasn't playing any more... didn't come up with a good excuse so bought some new strings for my old bass, a mini Ampeg (Micro-CL) and started to get back up to speed.

I set myself the job of trying to learn the set-list form the Clockwork Angels tour, way too big a step for my rusty fingers but it spurred me on to look for some local people to jam with. This worked out well and shortly after I spotted a local rock covers band looking for a bassist on joinmyband... short audition later and I've been playing with them since last September. Couldn't have met a nicer bunch of guys.

I'm lucky to have a decent paying day job as I'm a bit of a gear whore...

Started with my old bass: Washburn Chicago Series:

I added a Musicmann Sterling (after trying most of Drew's basses at [url="http://manchesterbasslounge.com/"]ManchesterBassLounge[/url]) to my collection at this point and some Ampeg gear (Portaflex 1x15, 2x10 and PF-500 head) to keep up with the drummer...

I really didn't get on with the Ampeg gear - too loose a sound when cranked up. Having played through some Markbass stuff at MBL, and being limited on boot space I bought a Traveller 112H and Big Bang head. I've since added a 115H to it:

the other bass is an ESP Ltd B-2055-M which is awesome for the price but only used for one song (Scooby Snacks):

I use a Tech21 SansAmp Bass Driver and simple Dr Green tuner!

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1402691509' post='2476090']
Hi Welcome to the forum :) I like the look of the red ray any chance of telling me your address and letting me know a suitable time you will be out so I can come and pick it up lease? lol
[/quote]

Not tellin! :secret: However, if you do pop round can you leave a Dingwall Combustion in it's place? Fair swap I reckon ;)

PS. It's a Sterling not a Ray and it's awesome.

Edited by Iain

Hello Iain :hi:

and ditto "Welcome on board" etc.. lovely gear, Basses and quite a few BC-er's have or have owned Musicman Sterling Basses, and seem to like them. I would like to own one myself at some point, or something similar, maybe a Jaydee 'Anarchy' Bass...........? in a year or two.. :rolleyes:

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1403020558' post='2478936']
Hello Iain :hi:

and ditto "Welcome on board" etc.. lovely gear, Basses and quite a few BC-er's have or have owned Musicman Sterling Basses, and seem to like them. I would like to own one myself at some point, or something similar, maybe a Jaydee 'Anarchy' Bass...........? in a year or two.. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Hey - mine was an absolutely mint 2nd hand one, I noticed MBL have another in stock currently in an interesting colour - Dark Metallic Teal.