Why become a member? ×

For sale: SADOWSKY NYC 4-string - 3.7Kg - WITHDRAWN
£1899

Apothem

It's just an unbiased observation/piece of advise but if were you I'd pull it off ebay. At £1700 on ebay if someone places a single bid and wins it you'll pay a minimum of £170 fees (new min 10% fee) and if they pay via paypal it'll hit you for those fees as well (is it 5% or similar?). Not trying to haggle or knock you down, that is just a simple observation, just in case you weren't aware of the new fee structure. ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1412892166' post='2573178']
It's just an unbiased observation/piece of advise but if were you I'd pull it off ebay. At £1700 on ebay if someone places a single bid and wins it you'll pay a minimum of £170 fees (new min 10% fee) and if they pay via paypal it'll hit you for those fees as well (is it 5% or similar?). Not trying to haggle or knock you down, that is just a simple observation, just in case you weren't aware of the new fee structure. ;)
[/quote]

EBay max fee is capped at £75, Paypal 3.4%. I see what you're saying, but in the end I would get (give or take a few quid) what I would get here on BC after having been ground to the bone by haggling and the long waiting game...LOL :P

[quote name='Apothem' timestamp='1412925426' post='2573276']
EBay max fee is capped at £75, Paypal 3.4%. I see what you're saying, but in the end I would get (give or take a few quid) what I would get here on BC after having been ground to the bone by haggling and the long waiting game...LOL :P
[/quote]

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but eBay raised its seller fee cap to £250, so you'll pay a full 10% fee on anything that sells at a value up to £2500, plus of course PayPal fees if that is the chosen method of payment.

[quote name='JCB' timestamp='1412931081' post='2573332']
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but eBay raised its seller fee cap to £250, so you'll pay a full 10% fee on anything that sells at a value up to £2500, plus of course PayPal fees if that is the chosen method of payment.
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I am really surprised I have missed that, normally I read religiously every communication from eBay or PayPal. Unless the buggers have not told me, of course... I have now raised the price accordingly.

To be honest, [color=#ff0000][u]I am inklined to withdraw it for good if unsold[/u][/color], and keep it even if I have not much time to play it, because from Wed 15th Oct I will not be available for shipping for a while. So [u]if somebody here on BC still wants it on Sunday night at the current BC price, here's the last chance[/u]. [u]And if you want a shipment for Tue 14th Oct, immediate payment is required. Otherwise we are talking November.[/u]

Thanks everyone for pointing out the issue.

Claz

Edited by Apothem

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='richardd' timestamp='1416587065' post='2611732']
Hi Claz ,I have owned a few NYC'S over the years ,And just an observation I think If you had put the clear scratch plate on it would have sold in the first week.I know why Roger put them on,but to me they always look wrong,' Anyway GLWYS.Rich
[/quote]

You know what, Rich? I have wondered about that too, but the tort one is the only pickguard I have (and it protects the original paint from nails/slapping, or a pick). And would somebody prefer a transparent one or a white pearloid? I'll leave the choice to who's next, I am sure Roger can help in some way: I have spoken to him in NY a few years ago and he's a top bloke, really caring for his customers.

Cheers

Edited by Apothem

6 months, a price NEVER seen before for a Sado NYC, 6300 views... and not a lick?!? :blink: That scratchplate must be really awful then... :P LOL With the money saved on this 3.8kg beauty you can have a trasparent or white pearloid one from Roger Sadowsky in NYC.

Edited by Apothem

• 2 weeks later...