Why become a member? ×

My first real gig...at 39!

Thunderpaws

Have nearly been in a couple of bands before but have been recording original's with friends for many a year. Last year, said friends and others started writing and rehearsing, and in August we will play at a local festival called Music v Cancer. Should be about 300 people in the crowd, in Bo'ness Town Hall! I have played a couple of one off songs for our schools little battle of the band's...but this is a different ball game. Really, really looking forward to it.

Late starter here too especially in terms of proper live gigs, only regret music wise is not doing it sooner but that's life. Have a great time at the gig and make sure it's not too long before you get more of them, it can be great fun.

• 1 month later...

Oh, bad luck!

Get in touch with te other bands on the bill, find a venue and put on another event! Between the 7 bands you should be able to afford/find a PA and soundman.

Promote it locally and raise some money for another cause! DIY is the way forward!

Truckstop

• 2 weeks later...

Replacement gig alert!

We are now playing our debut gig in support of OxJam Glasgow on 18th October. Hopefully this one doesn't bite the dust like the last charity gig we signed up to.

Don't know the venue yet or exactly how long, but do know it is somewhere on Sauchiehall St. A weekend too which means I can have a celebratory drink afterwards.

Thanks for all your kind words. The world of bass is such a pleasant place to be.

Now. Do I need to get another cab!

Cheers

Garry

Very nice! There's a lot a love for Genz Benz heads on this board.

If you are happy with the sound of your rig at rehearsals, then micing the cab and/or using a DI at the venue will have everything covered for you.

It you ARE able to do it though-based on car/van space, funds, availability of cabs and/or you can hawk it about-get another cab.

You should realise though that this is not essential in the slightest... but it WILL look cool! ;-) B-)