Why become a member? ×

trace elliott 715x

barry70uk

hi just thought id post little info about my current set up i use trace 715x amp head and ashdown abm 500 ii heads through trace 1x 15 and 2x10 new type cabs, ashdown currently as spare however the trace is an interesting one
i liked the sound of the newer trace gear having always used trace gear i liked it but found the digital back end a little thinner than the old stuff. last year the power section on the trace 715x blew up and would have meant a total swap out , however another option was offered by the peaple who service my gear (ADR SOUNDSENSE). Let us have a go at replacing the digital back end with a mosfet power section built from scratch. which they did with great success,now ive got a trace 715x with an analogue power section the rebuild was posted on there website on how thwy did it, the mosfett is a 300 and the original was 500 however i dont notice much differense in output the mosfett being a tad thicker sounding
guitars are fender jazz usa standard and fender precision mexico( seymor duncan)
i think stage duties are going to be taken over by a new orange bass terror 500

• 4 weeks later...