Why become a member? ×

NBD - Limelight '63 Jazz medium relic

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1403911575' post='2487761']
Well, I'm two gigs into a three-one-the-trot run, and I LOVE THIS THING.

Lots of comments from band-mates and punters about its tone and looks. And the best bit is: the world hasn't ended because it has a Fender logo on it.

Happy days, man...

[/quote]

Fabulous set up Michael.

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1403941612' post='2487847']
I don't like playing jazz basses but periodically have to buy one cos I just love the look of them and also the thought of all the amazing songs played on them...

your bass sir is giving me gas again darn you to heck :gas:

:)
[/quote]
[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1403941973' post='2487849']
The 40mm neck on this one helps a lot - it feels just like my P, if only a little bit shallower.

The neck pup has an amazing boom and growl to it, too :)
[/quote]

I`m the same as Andy, the regular Jazz neck is too thin for me but for some reason I just love the look of them - sunburst/tort/rosewood usually gets my vote. Now this 40mm neck is [u]very[/u] interesting.....

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1405928547' post='2506467']
I would never have believed that my #1 would ever again be a Jazz... but there you have it. It is.

I used it at the Summertyne festival in Gateshead over the weekend. The video is fuzzy, but here's a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FEnQALf0NQ
[/quote]

Nice! I was an out and out jazz bass player until January. Got my Nate Mendel and the jazz width nut on a precision was a revelation. Now my Limelight precision is my #1. It would appear Limelight basses have the quality to sway anyone!!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403946433' post='2487893']
Just give in... it's inevitable...
[/quote]

I am weakening!

trying Mart's limelight J has just about torn it for me :gas: if it had been a stack knob '60 remake in oly white I'd probably have torn it from his hands and legged it, so resonant and sweet to play, sounded way fatter than any j i've ever tried before!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1405929981' post='2506478']
...trying Mart's limelight J has just about torn it for me :gas: if it had been a stack knob '60 remake in oly white I'd probably have torn it from his hands and legged it, so resonant and sweet to play, sounded way fatter than any j i've ever tried before!
[/quote]

Mine has turned me into a Jazz Bass man after decades of being a P Bass man. If that helps your GAS any..? ;)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405930477' post='2506485']
Mine has turned me into a Jazz Bass man after decades of being a P Bass man. If that helps your GAS any..? ;)
[/quote]

not in the least :gas: you sir are a bounder :lol:

• 4 months later...