Why become a member? ×

NBD - Limelight '63 Jazz medium relic

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1403388368' post='2482366']

Close... tort is a possibility. But so is LPB. I'm just not sure...
[/quote]
When I order my P based of a 62 spec, I'm thinking LPB with a tort guard both aged but not beat up! Obviously with the obligatory chrome wear and the thumb rest as well as a lovely RW board!

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1403388368' post='2482366']Close... tort is a possibility. But so is LPB. I'm just not sure...
[/quote][size=4][quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1403391825' post='2482393'][/size]When I order my P based of a 62 spec, I'm thinking LPB with a tort guard both aged but not beat up! Obviously with the obligatory chrome wear and the thumb rest as well as a lovely RW board!
[/quote]

LPB good... tort good... but not together. The LPB and rosewood 70s vibe demands a mint or parchment pickguard.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403397952' post='2482418']
[size=4]

LPB good... tort good... but not together. The LPB and rosewood 70s vibe demands a mint or parchment pickguard.

[/quote]

Absolutely 100%
Tort just looks so messy on these fancy colours, same goes for the more pastel shades like salmon or sonic.

Got to be 3 ply though.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1403421782' post='2482453']
Yep - No chance of tort if I got with anything other than blonde or oly. Otherwise, white-ish all the way[/quote]

Excellent! And just to make it clear, I DO think I'm the pickguard police. :D

Note: Tort and sunburst is also acceptable of course.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1403421782' post='2482453']
A lightly relic'd version of this is doing it for me at the moment, though...

[/quote]

I don't usually allow tort with a maple fingerboard... ;)
But there is something very cool about that colour combo, it works, I like it.
I think the ashtrays have something to do with it.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403397952' post='2482418']
[size=4]

[/quote]
While that looks amazing, I still love the look of the Tort and LPB, it's different but in my opinion looks awesome! Especially with the chrome hardware!

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1403445913' post='2482718']
While that looks amazing, I still love the look of the Tort and LPB, it's different but in my opinion looks awesome!
[/quote]

It's all subjective and down to opinion of course, but technically LPB and tort is [i]illegal[/i]. :D [size=4]Why do you think Fender never offered this colour combination (except for special orders from people who had no taste)?[/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403448099' post='2482739']

It's all subjective and down to opinion of course, but technically LPB and tort is [i]illegal[/i]. :D [size=4]Why do you think Fender never offered this colour combination (except for special orders from people who had no taste)?[/size]
[/quote]

I'm with you on this! I heard the LPB/combo was reserved specifically for anyone wanting to smash up a bass on stage...

Hmmm, what about Sonic blue & tort???...i kinda like the vibe of the this original 63P and Marks (Classic & Cool Guitars) is just up the road from me (hides wallet and view of PC from wifey :D ). I have already traded with him in the past and its true he's a great chap indeed.

If anyone wants me to 3 month road test their new incoming Limelights before they receive then of course I'm always game :P :D :P

Edited by Raslee

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1403453898' post='2482807']
Hmm, what about Sonic blue & tort?
[/quote]

Absolutely not! Tort pickguards can [i]only [/i]be used in the following colour combinations:

1) Sunburst.
2) White in its various forms, eg: Arctic, Olympic, Vintage, Aged, Blonde, Ivory, Cream, Milk, Pearl, Vanilla - and so on.

That is all.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1403455743' post='2482844']
...and Fiesta Red.
[/quote][size=4][quote name='bh2' timestamp='1403456883' post='2482860'][/size]Tort is nice on Fiesta...
[/quote]

No, no, no, no, [i]no![/i] Tort and Fiesta is an abomination! [i]Fiesta [/i]is an abomination! Don't be fooled by the name - it's actually a form of [i]pink[/i], and therefore is utterly gay and unmanly. I'm very sorry, but I [i]can't [/i]allow it. :mellow:

If in doubt, sing this easy-to-remember rhyme to the tune of 'Humpty Dumpty':

Torty, Torty, all right on white!
It's all right on sun-burst as well!
[size=4]Any o-ther col-our is hell![/size]

Edited by discreet

Hmmm, what about Sonic blue & tort???...i kinda like the vibe of the this original 63P and Marks (Classic & Cool Guitars) is just up the road from me (hides wallet and view of PC from wifey :D ). I have already traded with him in the past and its true he's a great chap indeed.

If anyone wants me to 3 month road test their new incoming Limelights before they receive then of course I'm always game :P :D :P

[/quote]

What is going on with that bridge?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403458196' post='2482878']

No, no, no, no, [i]no![/i] Tort and Fiesta is an abomination! [i]Fiesta [/i]is an abomination! Don't be fooled by the name - it's actually a form of [i]pink[/i], and therefore is utterly gay and unmanly. I'm very sorry, but I [i]can't [/i]allow it. :mellow:

If in doubt, sing this easy-to-remember rhyme to the tune of 'Humpty Dumpty':

It's all right on sun-burst as well!
[size=4]Any o-ther col-our is hell!
[/quote]

But you have to admit, it looks pretty cool on Antigua.

[/quote]

That's awesome. My next J or P from Mark will be like this 😊

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1403458751' post='2482890']
But you have to admit, it looks pretty cool on Antigua.
[/quote]

Antigua is an abomination and should be eradicated from the face of the Earth!! :o

[quote name='Christian Houmann' timestamp='1403458807' post='2482892']
That's awesome. My next J or P from Mark will be like this...
[/quote]

Nooooooo!!!!! It's awful, just awful!! Mark won't do a sonic/tort bass anyway - he is man of taste and discernment. :D

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403448099' post='2482739']

[/quote]
Tort Police have spoken ;) however rules are there to be broken and broken they will be! ;)

Maybe I have no taste or maybe it's the start of a new fashion ;)