Why become a member? ×

Hand built Guitars

Bigjas

I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to post here or in the build section (mods, move if I got it wrong) but I have been building my own guitars. I started off about 18 months ago with my first guitar, a 4 string Bass. Since then I have made 2 Ukuleles and 3, 6 string electric guitars. I have learnt so much during this time and my confidence in setting up a guitar has improved.

Just thought I would share what I have been up to through my Blog. Its not a business, just a hobby, and its great fun and incredibly rewarding. Not sure what to make next................ either an acoustic or a 5 string Bass?

[url="http://jasebass.webs.com/"]http://jasebass.webs.com/[/url]

Jas

Have you ever wondered whether you might be in the wrong job? Those look like seriously impressive bits of kit! :shok:

Do an acoustic. A properly good acoustic guitar is one of the great challenges for a luthier I would say. (Don't do it myself I hasten to add, but have been close to some astonishingly good acoustics over the years.)

Edited by leftybassman392

• 1 month later...

Thank you for all the positive replies. Yes these are my first attempts at guitars, I have made a total of 7 guitars to date, all listed on my blog. Yes my Brother did like his guitar, not sure he realises how much time goes in to one though. The one in the 2nd picture was made for a chap I no, he was totally stoked when he got it, it was so nice to see him enjoy an instrument that I had made. It was just how he wanted it. As for being in the wrong job? maybe, but I can't see me making a living out of it, not enough rich people around wanting a hand built guitar. It has been really rewarding making them though, and yes, an acoustic is on my list of guitars to make, along with a 5 string Bass. I really fancy the challenge of making a really good acoustic.

Jas