Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM-500RC EVO III Rackmount Bass Head? Feedback Please?

Greg.Bassman

Hi everyone. Hoped I could pick your brains please?

Any feedback on the Ashdown ABM-500RC EVO III Rackmount Bass Head?

I'm currently using the Ashdown ABM-500 EVO III Bass head (standard wooden sleeve), but it ain't half took some knocks on the road. I want to buy the rackmount version so I could case it within something alittle more sturdy. Just wanted to double check that (apart from looks) there isn't any difference between the two in functionality or sound is there?

Kind regards. Greg.

P.S - If any of you could recommend any cases for it, then that would be great also!

Yes the RC versions are identical in functionality to their wooden boxed versions.
I have the EVO II mounted in 2U Cobra case, I leave the power lead and speaker lead connected to the amp when packed away.
http://www.terralec.co.uk/flightcases/cobra_19_2u_rack_equipment_case_350mm/33404_p.html

Hi Greg. I've owned both and they're definitely identical. I'd reconnect an Skb case as the latches come off with then ends. I had a gator one but when you took the front and back off, the latches were still with the head and rattled. Couldn't be heard in a band situation but annoying all the same. No reflection at all on the head, they're awesome. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...