Why become a member? ×

D'addario Strings - Customer service as it should be

randythoades

Just thought I would add a quick post to say that how good the customer service at D'addario has been. In these days of online shopping, customer service seems to have taken a nosedive, but D'addario seem to want to buck that trend.
I decided to try out the D'addario Chromes flatwound strings on my Aria bass. When they were installed, the E string seemed 'a bit dull' in comparison with the others. I adjusted my EQ and my pickup height to compensate but couldn't eliminate it so I emailed D'addario Customer services to see if this as expected with those strings or if they had any suggestions. I also started looking for alternative strings to replace the Chromes.
Email response came back same day. Definitely should not happen and they would replace it. Another email from D'addario UK to confirm my address and a new full set arrived in the post.
Can't ask better than that. A disgruntled customer now spreading the word about how well they have been treated.
Thanks D'addario.

A couple of years ago I bought 10 sets of D'addario guitar strings on Ebay. When they arrived they looked good but upon opening a pack they were clearly fake.

I did the whole check the serial number thing which brought up another totally different pack (although all 10 sets had the same serial number). I followed their online form etc... for reporting it. I got an email back apologising and asking for any information. I provided a link to the Ebay page, Paypal transaction and Ebay case ref.

Another email came back saying thanks, confirming my address and that they would send out a little thank you for helping. What arrived was a 10 pack of D'addarios to replace the fake ones I'd got.

Also I'm aware D'addario patrol Ebay as I changed my guage and sold some packs online. One custom who bought a pack was one of the people I dealt with at D'addario in the past. So this company does look out for their customers in more ways than one.

Glad you had a good experience with them too. Top company in my book.

I got in contact with the customer service team at D'addario for some freebies for the Herts Bash 2 - was treated really well and they've sent out 5 sets of strings and loads of stickers - and I haven't [u][i]ever[/i][/u] spent any money with them!!

Next time I buy some strings I'll certainly give them some consideration...