Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Decided to revisit the 80's with the first 3 Deacon Blue Albums: Raintown, Where the World knows your Name and Fellow Hoodlums. Got all 3 off eBay secondhand for less than £5 and loving Ewen Vernall's basslines.

Also 'All the Roadrunning' by Knopfler and Emmy-Lou: very mellow and addictive.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='PawelG' timestamp='1501968188' post='3348584']
Recently discovered Steely Dan - wow. "Black Cow", "Babylon Sisters", "Peg" - what an amazing band.
[/quote]Welcome to the party. Although they're all amazing in their own ways, The Royal Scam is my favourite album. Enjoy your journey of SD discovery.

The new remastered 30th anniversary reissue of Def Leppard's 'Hysteria'. Absolute rock / pop genius. Great songs and amazing production from a band who weren't afraid to want to be massive and make a multi million seller. It's very much if it's time, very 'eighties' but hasn't dated one bit. Fantastic stuff.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1501968620' post='3348586']
Welcome to the party. Although they're all amazing in their own ways, The Royal Scam is my favourite album. Enjoy your journey of SD discovery.
[/quote]

I will buy that album now. Thank you

[quote name='PawelG' timestamp='1502002841' post='3348651']

I will buy that album now. Thank you
[/quote]You won't be disappointed, but you could any of them and be happy. Aja is another 'must have' of course: Peg, Josie, Black Cow...

[quote name='beely' timestamp='1502446142' post='3351468']
Talk Talk: The colour of spring.
Made me so happy, I vacuumed the entire house in 15 minutes. :rolleyes:
Since I have house to myself today I will probably follow that up with It's my life then Spirit of Eden.
[/quote]

Loved that album when it came out.

Currently Karnivool: Roquefort

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1491910021' post='3276340']
[b][url="https://soundcloud.com/sleafordmods"]Seaford Mods[/url][/b]

...certainly not everyone's cup of tea. In fact I imagine that many here will hate them :) But I personally find them [i]very[/i] refreshing - a band (if you can call them that) that's actually saying something at a time when it's most needed. Raw as hell and exceedingly British. I love it.
[/quote]

I'm enjoying their new album. Everyone I know thinks they're dreadful but I find them very refreshing.