Why become a member? ×

My home made fancy pedalboard & case (Tweed)

drpepper1

Hi Everyone,

I am finishing my beautiful pedalboard & case (case is ready). Will post some more pics when the top of pedalboard will be ready.

Was inspired by such great guys as Salvage Custom or Helweg. But they are so expensive to ship to Europe, so I decided to build one for myself.

I put all my heart (and a lot of money and even more time) in this one.

My wife says I should start making those for money

How do you like it so far?

Guest FretNoMore

Looking very good, tweed is nice!

I'd like to know about cabling; is the pedal area a flat surface only or do you have holes or slots for the cables and space undeneath for them?

Edited by FretNoMore

You can make hard top (so you lay down your pedals first, make holes for cables - here you would need rather solderless or solder it when pedals attached) and screw the pedals to it. Or you can do Velcro on top with slots for cables. I have 2 rows of slots in 1/3 and 2/3 height of top and aditionally 2 on each side of top to get the cables from jack inputs and outputs.

It is really a matter of planning and how you want it to be in the future. Velcro top lets you to swap pedals without unscrewing them, so I think it is a bit more comfortable solution.

Guest FretNoMore

Ouch ... my pedalboard in case loaded with 15 pedals weighs in at just over 10 kg, most of that weight is the pedals. The combination would be *heavy*. Very neat and good looking, but heavy.

Edited by FretNoMore

• 3 weeks later...