Why become a member? ×

Burman speaker help

Bassnut62

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1404144140' post='2489724']
Wembley Loudspeakers can do pretty much anything with speakers. Might be more economic to consider a different speaker, there might not be much in it, cost-wise! But if you gots to have the Burman....
[/quote]

thank you, I do want to keep my Burman 501 combo completely stock. I'll give them a call.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1404144140' post='2489724']
Wembley Loudspeakers can do pretty much anything with speakers. Might be more economic to consider a different speaker, there might not be much in it, cost-wise! But if you gots to have the Burman....
[/quote]

Spoke to Wembley Speakers and they can recone Burman XP5012s for a very reasonable price and ship it back. Fantastic! Thank you Moon Bass Alpha.

• 1 month later...

Oops, thought I had reported end of story!
Yes, it worked out great. Efficient service, reasonable price, quality work. They did a bang tidy job to exact original specification that Burman used. The amp/speaker now sounds even better and with no buzzy distortion. Very crisp and clear with full extended tonal range from dual concentric speaker. They even replaced the scabby terminals too.
Good recommendation. Thanks

I'm so glad it worked out well! One does feel kind of responsible when one makes recommendations.

i think it should be made more widely known that there is pretty much no speaker problem that they can't fix, recones, magnet re-centring, the lot.