Why become a member? ×

30,000 members

Silvia Bluejay

Probably a hard core of two or three hundred regular contributors, plus about ten times that who lurk, I'm guessing. If thousands upon thousands of members contributed regularly it would be like Talkbass which is chaotic and unwieldy, in my humble opinion!

I wouldn't really know though, because I hardly ever come on Basschat these days. :D

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1404295573' post='2491175']
I wouldn't really know though, because I hardly ever come on Basschat these days. :D
[/quote]

you're so rarely here mate ;)

congrats Basschat! there really must be someone out there willing to buy all the tat on sale here then :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1404295573' post='2491175']
[/quote]

And on the odd occasions you [b]do[/b] come on here, you're so shy and retiring that nobody would notice... :rolleyes:

;)

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1404296865' post='2491199']
And on the odd occasions you [b]do[/b] come on here, you're so shy and retiring that nobody would notice... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Too right! And anyone who says otherwise will get a tongue-lashing[size=4] [/size][size=4]... missus. :P[/size]

My nitpicking persona has been at war with my Pollyanna-ish tendency to see puppies and rainbows everywhere. I regret I must announce that Mr Nitpicky has won. :(

Unless there has been a combing-out of the membership we are erroneously including The Lost Ones. A brief scrutiny of the lists reveals:

* 5362 one-post scammers who were swatted by the ever-vigilant moderati

* 84 individuals who briefly blazed across our horizons like utterly mental comets then collided with the legendary ban-hammer

* 3021 disputatious posters who enlivened our days with shrieks of 'Whoreclown!' and 'Google it FFS!!!!!!!' and who met an untimely end smooshed across Hamster's windcreen

* The chap from the South coast who had it away with that other chap's Warwick Vampyre

* 23 disappointed freshwater and marine anglers

* The BigBeefChief

* 14 renowned professional bass players who signed up in expectation of comradely discussion and copped an unexpectedly savage leathering from the BC mob

* 46 'other-halves' who snuck in under an assumed monicker to find out what their spouses were saying about them online.

Were my calculator not experiencing a temporary malfunction I would total this figure up; in any event it must be getting on for nine thousand, give or take.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1404318405' post='2491571']
And we even have a moderator drummer in Douglas :D
[/quote]

I don't really count, though, as I'm simply waiting patiently for Drumchat.co.uk to kick in. Better hurry up, though; despite life expectancy increasing every year I may not see the day... :unsure:

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1404337657' post='2491794']
Badum [color=#ffffff]..............................................[/color] tish
[/quote]

Ah..! I see..! No, you see, there's been some kind of misunderstanding here. When I wrote 'count', I was meaning it in the sense of 'of little import', or 'of no matter', not in the 'counting up from 1 to whatever' way. Oh, you wags..! I do believe I'm being joshed, what with your play on words and all..! Very good, very good indeed. 'Count'... Ah, all becomes clear, and me being a drummer and all..! I'll bet you're all chortling merrily into your cocoa at my expense..! My, what a [i]faux pas[/i], eh..? Ha..! :blush: