Why become a member? ×

Bass Dep Wanted for Gig in Reading, Berks

Grangur

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here's a plea from a guy I've met on the Scotts Bass Lessons forum:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hey Everyone,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have double booked myself, gig and family holiday on the same date, great! >[/font][/color] :([color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] - Wouldn't be so bad but this is the second time during July! :-[[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So I am putting the feelers out to find someone who wouldn't mind stepping in and helping me out![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gig details:-[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sat 19th July - Reading, Berkshire UK - 2 x 45-60min sets. Black shirt, black jeans/trousers, and red skinny tie required (I can provide the tie!).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Its a paid gig (you'll get about £70) at a pub and I am looking for someone who could cope with little or no rehearsal as I want to keep disruption for the other guys in the band as low as possible. We play as per the original tracks for the most part so there should be no major surprises.[/font][/color]

[url="http://www.blackmarketband.co.uk/"]http://www.blackmarketband.co.uk[/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] is our website - we have a list of songs we cover, a video and tracks to give you an idea of what we do.[/font][/color]

The guy's name is Jim - and he's just joined here today!

If you're able to help please PM him... piratejim

Thanks for looking

Rich

Edited by Grangur

Hi all, just thought I would say hi as its me that's looking for a Dep - Rich very kindly started the post for me and introduced me to this forum (cheers Rich!).

Thanks for the feedback on the set list - I always find it interesting hearing what people think - Our choices always seem to be a bit marmite! Some people love the picks while others tend tend to say "never heard of it"! :D

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1404392338' post='2492223']
a Reading gig? Should separate the wheat from the chaff...

Hope you find someone soon.
[/quote]
Lol! thanks Paul - this gig should be pretty tame (by Reading pub standards!) as the pub in question is a carvery type place (not town centre) looking to get a live music night going.

So if anyone out there can help please give me a shout! :)

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1404392338' post='2492223']
a Reading gig? Should separate the wheat from the chaff...

Hope you find someone soon.
[/quote]

Yesh, yeah, yeah.... "Reading", near "Earley" and "Tilehurst" on the M4 :P

• 2 weeks later...