Why become a member? ×

Just joined

5stringdude

I feel I should have found this years ago, but anyway, here I am.

Um, introductions, well I've played since uni days (that's a long time ago now!), been in a few rock covers bands, currently not in a band. Work restrictions have prevented me for the last 5 years, after a big move from SE England to Scotland.

In fact, I haven't been in a band for about 7 years now - feeling the pull again though.

Basses I have are:

[b]Yamaha RBX200[/b] 4-string, originally black but resprayed 'Toyota Corolla' blue, neck/headstock still black (1st bass)
[b]Status Energy V[/b], natural, ash body, maple neck, rosewood f'board (main gigging bass)
[b]Ibanez 'Ergodyne' 5 string[/b], orange, composite body with bar and piezo pickups. Here's a pic:
[attachment=166169:bass01.jpg]
[b]Dean 5 string fretless[/b], black... none more black... it's like death, like a mirror, etc etc!!

As for amps, I have a right mish-mash including a [b]600W Ashdown[/b] head & appropriate speaker cabs (4x8", 1x15") and various 15-25W practice amps.
But my favourite is my old [b]Gallien Krueger 400RB[/b], 200W head. It sounds fookin' brilliant!! What an amp! Metal, solid, weighs a lot for its size, simple controls, just does what it says on the tin! I love it.

I'll try to add more photos later.

Looking forward to chatting with you all...

Oh, meant to add preferred bassists - in no particular order:

John Deacon
John Entwistle
Norman Watt-Roy
Mark Bedford
Alan Lancaster
Flea
Jaco
Chris Wolstenholme

I'll probably add more another time when my memory returns

Edited by 5stringdude

Thank you, everyone, nice to feel welcomed. :)

Steve-bbb, once I've got a proper pic I'll get it on there - I had a butchers at the thread and there are some niiiice Statuses (Stati?) on there. The only pic I have currently is one of me playing it in studio, and you're not seeing THAT!!

The Ergo is relatively new for me (erm, 2004 I think?) and was my most recent gigging bass, cos it looks great & is light and easy to play. Not sure I used it to its full capabilities and I know the Status better, so prefer that one... 'specially via the GK!