Why become a member? ×

Mono GS1 "The Betty" Strap

Lozz196

Got one this week. First impressions were it held my bass up so I could play it, but nothing more, didn`t set the world alight or anything. But when I got home and was watching TV I realised my shoulder didn`t feel like I`d just had a 10lb Precision slung over it for the last 3hrs. This being the reason why I bought it, I`m rather please. On its longest setting the adjustment buckle digs into my back a bit so I have to have it an inch or two shorter than full length which really isn`t an issue as I bought the long one anyway.

Overall, if you have a heavy bass, do long rehearsals, or have a back issue, these are worth a look:

http://monocreators.com/the-betty/

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='eddiehoffmann' timestamp='1404554043' post='2493642']
Did you buy directly from their website, Loz?
[/quote]

Bass gear and Bass direct sell them.

It's a good idea to see one first, I found even the short one was too long.

:)

[quote name='eddiehoffmann' timestamp='1404554043' post='2493642']
Did you buy directly from their website, Loz?
[/quote]

I got it from Stringsdirect - worked out a little bit cheaper with their postage options.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1404556744' post='2493679']
Bass gear and Bass direct sell them.

It's a good idea to see one first, I found even the short one was too long.

[/quote]

I`ve found that the long one is just about right. An inch shorter and that adjustment buckle would dig in too much and it would have had to go back. And I`m not a low-slinger anymore, just at the right height to hide my belly. The Rob Trujillos and Duff McKagans wouldn`t use these, they would feel like Mark King with their basses on these!

Edited by Lozz196

I have one and really like it, the long version.

I was worried about the length issues people often mention but at it's longest it's is a tiny bit too long (and like Lozz, the buckle irritates) so just tightened up a tad is perfect for me, and I'm no low slinger either.
At it's shortest it pulls the bass right up to my tatty-bo-jangles, any shorter with a Yammy Bex4 I wouldn't be able to get my head and arm through so I can't see how the short one could ever be too long. Horses for courses though I suppose :) .

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1404570861' post='2493830']
I have one and really like it, the long version.

I was worried about the length issues people often mention but at it's longest it's is a tiny bit too long (and like Lozz, the buckle irritates) so just tightened up a tad is perfect for me, and I'm no low slinger either.
At it's shortest it pulls the bass right up to my tatty-bo-jangles, any shorter with a Yammy Bex4 I wouldn't be able to get my head and arm through so I can't see how the short one could ever be too long. Horses for courses though I suppose :) .
[/quote]

I'm 6ft and very skinny.

In terms of strap length I'm definitely not a Mark King wannabe, nor a hang the bass down by my knees player. Ergonomically the best place to have the bass hanging, for wrist comfort to avoid long term injury and general accessibility is to have the strap so the bass is in the same place standing, as it is when sitting, though mine's slightly higher than that.

The short Mono strap even at its shortest couldn't do that.

I love the bags though.

How grippt are the backs of these things? My pet hate are straps that get my shirt all in a bunch. I've currently got a leather one that is shiny, slick leather on both sides and all the ones I can find for a replacement have high-grip suede or whatever on the underside.

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1404758501' post='2495497']
How grippt are the backs of these things? My pet hate are straps that get my shirt all in a bunch. I've currently got a leather one that is shiny, slick leather on both sides and all the ones I can find for a replacement have high-grip suede or whatever on the underside.
[/quote]

They grip really well and for me that's perfect for holding the bass where I want it. I think any strap will ruffle your shirt a bit. You could always take it off Flea style but the local punters might not get it.
I think they're some kind of neoprene underneath.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1404812279' post='2495860']
They aren't short enough for me... the short one is still too long, I have five of them sitting around not doing anything if anyone wants one? I bought a load for fender style basses that I no longer own.

I use comfort ones now.
[/quote]
What colour are the ones you have, and how much do you want for one? :)