Why become a member? ×

EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive - using the loops

arcureo

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hi there, I just got the EBS Billy Sheehan pedal and it reeeeally does sound killer. My only complaint is that the loops get switched off when the pedal is not in use. I kinda hoped they would have kept on working, but probably, since the pedal is true bypass, when it's off it really sends your bass signal straight from the input to the output.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]One question, though... on the instruction sheet, right after the part on the insert cables to be used on the loop outputs, it says:[/font][/color]

[i]"Note: You may also connect a mono plug directly into the insert jacks without damaging the send output. This gives you the option of mixing different sources without necessarily using the send signal."[/i]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]What does that mean? Any suggestions? Did someone experiment on this?[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Thanks![/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]A[/font][/color]

Yes, with a mono cable in the fx loop it behaves as return only, so can be used as a secondary input. But as stated above, you'll have little control over the mix.

FWIW, I leave the EBS pedal on all the time with an ABY pedal in the dirty loop. This way I can take advantage of the built in compression and anything in the clean loop, then kick the drive side in when needed with the ABY pedal.

[quote name='Greg Edwards69' timestamp='1404942494' post='2497279']
FWIW, I leave the EBS pedal on all the time with an ABY pedal in the dirty loop. This way I can take advantage of the built in compression and anything in the clean loop, then kick the drive side in when needed with the ABY pedal.
[/quote]

Uhmm... can you be more detailed on this, maybe schematize your setup? It seems interesting... if you leave it on all the time you have a distorted sound all the time right?
Or is the ABY pedal the trick, here? Because I'm not looking for a constantly distorted sound... only from time to time...

Thanks! :)

[quote name='Greg Edwards69' timestamp='1404942494' post='2497279']
Yes, with a mono cable in the fx loop it behaves as return only, so can be used as a secondary input. But as stated above, you'll have little control over the mix.

[/quote]

The great man himself does something similar I believe. He also uses a Roles crossover in his dirty loop to return only 250-300hz and upwards from the dirty loop, also has another sig pedal in his CLEAN loop (chicken and egg?) to make it a little dirty too. More in this video:

The Winery Dogs walk us through their live gear: http://youtu.be/h4Vm0K4IVw4

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1405017897' post='2498016']
The great man himself does something similar I believe. He also uses a Roles crossover in his dirty loop to return only 250-300hz and upwards from the dirty loop, also has another sig pedal in his CLEAN loop (chicken and egg?) to make it a little dirty too. More in this video:

The Winery Dogs walk us through their live gear: [media]http://youtu.be/h4Vm0K4IVw4[/media]
[/quote]

Hmmm... too bad I'm seeing this nowhere near my bass and rig! I have the urge to try it out and [u]I CAN'T[/u]!!! :angry: :lol:
I gotta try it out a.s.a.p. 'cause it kinda makes sense and it just might be the solution I was looking for!! (fingers crossed)

Thanks a lot!

• 1 year later...

I've a question on this! I'll try not to sound like a total half wit....

I currently use two BA115HP's, my bass has two jacks so job's a good un. One's clean, the split P into the EBS Sheehan. Now, I've just got into a band that recently got rid of the bass bins, apparently too loud/too much/not enough vehicle space and I'm thinking of adding one more BA (honestly) as I love the sound, compact etc. If I did get a third, as opposed to going the ABY pedal route, could I utilise the loop on the EBS as a straight through for another woofer channel? The distortion is very loud, very noticeable and feel I need to up the low end somewhat as like I mentioned, all the low end is purely coming from me.

Christ, I was I played a harmonica - way cheaper.

Cheers for reading,
Lee.

I'm assuming from your avatar you use a yamaha Attitude ltd bass, So your rig is:

Neck / Woofer pickup - BA115

Middle / P Pickup - EBS Sheehan pedal - other BA115

You can use one of the loops to send a signal, you would need to use a Y / insert cable and not use the return jack (tip), just use the send jack (ring) to feed the third amp..