Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3 on batteries

uncle psychosis

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1404739606' post='2495226']
I did 4 gigs with mine on batteries. No issues with it running down.
[/quote]

Wow. Thats a lot longer than I expected.

How are you using yours? I'm expecting to use it live with two of the slots "always on" (an amp sim and probably a compressor) with the other slot being switched on and off (probably with drive)

I tried to once, because I'd stupidly forgotten the power adapter, but every time I stepped on a switch it would switch off and on again. The batteries were quite loose and broke contact when I knocked the pedal.
I had to stick some folded paper in the battery compartment to hold them in place.

Fortunately I discovered the problem during a soundcheck.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1404740221' post='2495235']
Wow. Thats a lot longer than I expected.

How are you using yours? I'm expecting to use it live with two of the slots "always on" (an amp sim and probably a compressor) with the other slot being switched on and off (probably with drive)
[/quote]

First off i dont have it any more as i never got on with it live. I just found the foot switches were too close together for my big feet.

I used it with Comp/BDDI and either a chorus or filter effect. The first two were on all the time. I would turn them all off between sets though, and the gigs i used it on were no more than 3x45 min sets each.
I always use the high capacity Eneloop batteries, and find they do a great job.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1404741142' post='2495251']
I always use the high capacity Eneloop batteries, and find they do a great job.
[/quote]

I googled these and they sound interesting. Amazon lists hundreds of different versions/sellers though. Do you have any specific recommendations for which ones to order?

These are the ones i use for my Flash guns, Digital recorder, Zoom etc. Anything that has a higher current usage. The lower spec ones i use in remote controls etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AFOMQW6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also use this charger. Its worth getting something like this as it keeps the batteries in top condition.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004X4OZYG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1