Why become a member? ×

Modified Vintage V4 Icon Series £145 SOLD PENDING
£145

Thunderbird

Sale Only Please £145 No Trades as I need the money and please no silly offers this is as low as this goes and it is more than a fair price :)

[size=5]This is the V4 icon series it has all Wilkinson hardware a nice chunky maple neck and is in really good condition apart from one small mark on the back that I will show in the photos I have made the following upgrades to the bass fitted a MIM Fender pickup, a KIogan wiring loom and Fender F type strap locks (originals included in sale) The bass has also been fitted with neck sustainer inserts as when I bought the bass from gear 4 Music they sent it with the neck off and I did not like the look of the screw holes so bought the sustain kit and installed it on the bass so now it has a better neck installation than it did from the factory and it has plenty of sustain :) It is also fitted with a reasonably new set of Picanto strings. Weight wise it is around 9.5lbs very good value at this price I think as it has cost me a lot more than this but want it gone quickly :) The last 2 pictures show the only mark on the bass I have taken shots from different angles to show the mark properly it cannot be seen from the front of the bass and looks worse than it is in the pictures IMO :)[/size]

[size=4]I cant really think of anything else to say and knowing me I may have forgotten some thing so please ask any questions :) You can come and collect the bass from me or I can deliver securely parcelled up for £20[/size]

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1405513190' post='2502557']
Paul, that looks really nice, I have 9 precisions, do I need another one.............
[/quote] Yep afraid you do Tom lol cheers for the kind words

Edited by Thunderbird

• 2 weeks later...

[b]This is a really good bass. I called round to Paul's this week and had a go, it looks, plays and sounds really, really nice :gas:. The mods make it so much better than the standard one that I had. It's a steal at this price, this is a very serious P bass for a silly price. Go on, buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b] Paul is an excellent person to deal with, honest, straightforward and an excellent member of the forum.
[b]Mike(Pestie) :rolleyes:[/b]

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1406282281' post='2510065']
Thought this would of flown away with these mods and at this price :o
[/quote]

It should be an easy sell. Bog standard they are really good but with those mods it must be great.

Only thing I can think of is those bolt-on inserts are putting people off. That link you gave me above doesn't say very much. I'm interested but unless I knew a bit more about those puppies I'd be nervous (I'm sure without justification), even though the other add-ons are nerdelicious.

[quote name='lownote12' timestamp='1406308602' post='2510517']
Only thing I can think of is those bolt-on inserts are putting people off. That link you gave me above doesn't say very much. I'm interested but unless I knew a bit more about those puppies I'd be nervous (I'm sure without justification), even though the other add-ons are nerdelicious.
[/quote] The are basically a set of 4 brass inserts that in the neck they are fitted by drilling holes in to the neck and then carefully screwing the inserts in they make there own thread then the bolts just screw in to the bass as normal it is quite a common mod that people do and it allows you to take the neck on or off the bass without fear of ever damaging the threads or chewing up the screw holes and gives the neck a much better securing than it ever had from the factory

Pic from internet showing fitment of inserts in a neck (not my bass just an internet picture to give people an idea)

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2mrxpxe.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Thunderbird