Why become a member? ×

TRADED: Fender CIJ PB62
£500

adamlunt

Non-export Crafted in Japan 62 P Bass (made in 2004 I think)

Bought almost a year ago from fellow BassChatter "itsmedunc"

- Basswood body (lightweight and warm sounding)
- Fast and slim neck (one of the nicest necks I've played, very comfortable, not a baseball-bat)
- KioGon Wireless Harness (easy pickup changes)
- Dimarzio Model P pickup (warm, punchy, good low-mids)
- Dimarzio ClipLock strap (best locking strap on the planet, goes on everything I own)
- Ritter padded gig-bag included

Super duper versatile instrument and is currently strung with one-year-old Ernie Ball flats. I can string it with Roto' Roundwounds if you prefer and I'll keep my flats.

Few knocks here and there that were present when I bought it (see pics) but nothing that affects the playability.
I've used it in a singer/songwriter role so its been taken care of while I've had it.
Only problem is the tone control doesn't work, and I think it might need a new capacitor to match the pickup or something, and I reckon its an easy enough fix (who uses the tone control anyway)

I'm told it is a non-export model, so I think "itsmedunc" may have bought it direct from Japan or something.

Trade offers are all welcome so don't be afraid to ask… Jazz basses will get preference though (money your way if needs be)

Feel free to come and try it out, no obligation, and free tea/coffee!

Edited by adamlunt

Oooh I'm tempted to buy this back! Same old story though, money is too tight. It's a really nice bass. The neck is as Adam says and plays beautifully. I used it for around 5 years and it never let me down.

I think the problem with the tone may be - when I shielded the cavity, the leg on the tone pot was touching the shield (unknown at the time) and so when the tone was turned completely down it cut out the volume too. I asked Kiogon about it and he verified that was the problem. I never got around to moving the leg or putting some insulation on and as Adam said "who uses the tone control anyway!"
The guy I got it from told me he had brought it back from Japan and I have no reason to doubt him.

Lovely bass. You wont be disappointed.

I would put some photo's up of it but I cant find them at the moment!

Edited by itsmedunc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't have any scales, but as the body is basswood it is very light, and super comfy to play if you're standing up for a few hours.
I'd say most of the weight is in the neck… it has some of that T'Bird "dive" thing going on.

• 3 weeks later...