Why become a member? ×

Cambridge Bassist looking for something long term

gapiro

Hi Guys
I'm a bassist of an intermediate level based in Cambridge (I know some music theory etc but not really pro level) looking for something long term to get my teeth into.
To keep it interesting i'm going to be straight to the point and put down some things below.

Things I like:

Ideally people of similar age (late twenties)
Covers - Either themed (eg 80's , 90's , pop ) or generic "function" - i'm not too bothered about classic rock or metal
Being prepared and having learnt stuff in advance
Not having to deal with bookings, however more than happy to put the effort into the behind the scenes stuff - eg facebook pages, websites, video/audio/photo editing, calendars etc to aid with booking, just not a good salesman.
My Car and Equipment - always working and prepared. (Rig see below)
Quieter stages - With the modern day PA stuff there is very little reason to ever have loud stage volumes, and I value my ears due to my job.
Music - Almost all types

Things I dislike:
People who can't spend 2/3 hours a week learning 3-5 songs
Screamo / Heavy Metal , Classic Rock (although in moderation it's ok, I don't want to spend 3 hours of it).

Things I've done in the past:
Indie Function band - Went on for about 4 years and was very tight. Singer had baby and it all just fizzled out slowly
80s Band - went on for a couple of years, very good and tight however was too far away for rehearsals (over an hour by train/drive) and was costing too much.
7 piece funk/soul - Fantastic band playing a mixture of stuff and putting our own spin. Great musicians however no-one had the business acumen to get it going properly.
Couple of theatre gigs, couple of short notice deps (happy to learn 50 songs in a week if needed )

I'm based in center of Cambridge. Hope this isn't too much to ask for above!