Why become a member? ×

Effects rig advice, please (DI and Line6 v pedals)

JimBobTTD

Hello!

I'm torn at the moment.

I want a DI rig that can be used with my amp bit also without it.

At present, I have a DHA VT1 which is great. I want to add a spot of chorus and octave to it.

So...do I get individual pedals and go octave > chorus > DI/preamp or get a Line6 multifx and go from that to the DI?

I can see the benefits of a Line6, but as the one I'm looking at doesn't have a DI, that pedal needs to stay. I could end up with some joy with the other fx and the amp sims could be cool.

But, on the other hand, a decent chorus and a decent octaver would sound better. I'd be looking at the MXR stuff. A bonus is that I have a pedalboard already.

As I mentioned, I'm torn. BC massive - what should I do?

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1405007386' post='2497876']
Getting a DI box with ground lift can be a life saver live. My sugestion is that whatever you end up with, you make sure that either your DI box has that, or whatever pedal you use for DI does.
[/quote]

The DHA has a DI with ground lift. It's a fantastic piece of kit and I want to hang on to it, really. Valve too. I fully agree about it being a lifesaver! I keep a passive Behringer in the bag too, although I have not had to use it yet.

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1405006715' post='2497866']
Could the Zoom B3 be another option to consider? It's got a DI built in,
[/quote]

Could be a contender, if I decide to go multifx rather than pedals. Thanks for the tip.

I decided to go with multifx. Why? Price, really. I can pick up a unit for the price of a good pedal. I I find that the unit leaves me a bit cold, I can sell it for pretty much what I paid for it and then buy a couple of pedals.

Anyway, scored a Line6 XT Live bass version on eBay for a song. I'll see how it goes.