Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** 1990 Fender USA - Jazz Bass Std - £600
£650

Chiliwailer

[b]PRICE DROP £600[/b]

Up for sale is my 1990-1991 USA Jazz Bass Std. It's all original aside from what I believe to be an after market tort pickguard (i think these should be white). It plays great and is in good condition for its age. I've taken pictures of some knocks.

This bass sounds awesome, very solid and with typical Jazz Bass articulation. It has a full and tight tone that comes from lots of natural bass response in the background and with lovely punchy mids and clean highs, especially when both pickups are on.

These basses came with a TBX tone pot, which is centered in the middle. "[b][i][color=#333333]The Treble Bass Expander (TBX) is a detented, stacked 250K / 1Meg control that enhances your tonal palette. It functions as a standard tone control from 1 to 5; after 5 it decreases resistance, letting more bass, treble, presence and output flow to your amp. No battery necessary".[/color][/i][/b]

It weighs in at 9.38lbs, that's typical for a Jazz Bass.

The serial number is E9 but the original pots date to early 1991. The E9 serial number was officially used for 1989 & 1990 (though we all know what Fender are like with their serial numbers...). I reckon the parts were made in 1990 and finally assembled in 1991.

It's a 'long horn' style (though some call it 'the boner' :o ) - USA Std Jazz Basses made between 1989 and 1994-ish had 22 fret necks, so to accommodate this the body horns were altered. The extra frets and recessed lower body horn are great for chord work or noodling around the high end. The scale length on these is the same as a regular Jazz Bass and the body isn't really any bigger or heavier, just a little altered. I like the way the upper horn is extended as this helps balance the bass nicely on a strap.

Comes with a hard case.

Trade wise I'd be more into unlined fretless basses, but feel free to PM me an offer just in case it hits my GAS spot :)

[b]LINK TO PICTURES: [/b][url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1n7t3rgjh7tyj88/AAAAA5gLq_5TpcN8mP0igm_Wa"]https://www.dropbox....5TpcN8mP0igm_Wa[/url]

[attachment=166640:P1060700.JPG]

Edited by Chiliwailer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...