Why become a member? ×

Martin says hello!

Martin Olsson

Hi there!

I´m Martin, a bass player from Sweden. Work as a freelance musician and play both electric and upright basses, and do sometimes gigs on guitar too. I´ve played bass for over 20 years now. Studied at the College of Music in Gothenburg, Sweden. Studied jazz and other things there.

My main bass is a bass I´ve built from parts I collected from various places. It turned out sounding very good, so I´ve been playing that bass exclusively for 6 years now. It´s a jazz bass:

[attachment=166706:10517521_10203443589265384_4672057380858924620_n.jpg]

As shown in the not so great photo; my amp is an Aguilar Tonehammer 500 and two Aguilar SL112 cabs. I got them a month ago and my previous rigg, Aguilar AG500SC and two GS112 were sold to a friend. Can´t say that the new rigg sound better in every aspect, but it´s a lot lighter.

Here my upright bass, although laying down in this photo:

[attachment=166708:bild2.jpg]

I also have a cheap, acoustic Ibanez bass that actually sounds really good, that I use sometimes.
I tend not to use that many fx pedals, but I have some laying around like a wah, envelope-pedal, octaver etc. But use them like once a year or so...

Here´s my youtube channel where I´ve posted some lo-fi vids, but my intention is to post stuff of better quality. [url="https://www.youtube.com/user/basmartin/videos"]https://www.youtube....asmartin/videos[/url]

And I love belgian beer.

Cheers

Edited by Martin Olsson
  • Like 1

Hej, och välkommen, Martin!

Hoppas du gillar vårt forum, och att det kan bliva ditt också.

I'm with you on the Belgian beer! Luvverly stuff - from The Eleventh Commandment to Sudden Death to The Devil - - and everything inbetween. :)

But you're called Martin, eh? We already have a Martin, so I'll have to call you Little Milton (Sorry, mate. Harmless little inside joke.)

Anyway, enjoy!

Bert (not one of the Scandinavians Dad is talking about)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
On 14/07/2014 at 00:32, Martin Olsson said:

Hi there!

I´m Martin, a bass player from Sweden. Work as a freelance musician and play both electric and upright basses, and do sometimes gigs on guitar too. I´ve played bass for over 20 years now. Studied at the College of Music in Gothenburg, Sweden. Studied jazz and other things there.

My main bass is a bass I´ve built from parts I collected from various places. It turned out sounding very good, so I´ve been playing that bass exclusively for 6 years now. It´s a jazz bass:

[attachment=166706:10517521_10203443589265384_4672057380858924620_n.jpg]

As shown in the not so great photo; my amp is an Aguilar Tonehammer 500 and two Aguilar SL112 cabs. I got them a month ago and my previous rigg, Aguilar AG500SC and two GS112 were sold to a friend. Can´t say that the new rigg sound better in every aspect, but it´s a lot lighter.

Here my upright bass, although laying down in this photo:

[attachment=166708:bild2.jpg]

I also have a cheap, acoustic Ibanez bass that actually sounds really good, that I use sometimes.
I tend not to use that many fx pedals, but I have some laying around like a wah, envelope-pedal, octaver etc. But use them like once a year or so...

Here´s my youtube channel where I´ve posted some lo-fi vids, but my intention is to post stuff of better quality. [url="https://www.youtube.com/user/basmartin/videos"]https://www.youtube....asmartin/videos[/url]

And I love belgian beer.

Cheers

I love Belgian beer also. Welcome. Its your round😀

15 hours ago, Michael Weiner said:

I'm looking for a jazz bass player to do a 1-2 hour gig playing jazz standards as part of a piano trio at a reception in gothenberg on Tuesday march 28 starting at  19:10. Contact me at [email protected] if you want to do this gig or if you know someone who can do this

Thanks

mike

It's an 8 year old introduction post and the OP hasn't been on the forum for almost 3 years so I wouldn't hold your breath. 

• Like 1