Why become a member? ×

*Sorted* Bassist Available - Reading or London

Lw.

Sorted thanks.

[s]Getting fed up of playing on my own so want to get back into a band.

Ideally I'm looking for an originals band of the semi-committed variety; I can probably do one gig & two practices a week max (or similar). I'm open to most genres; rock, blues, grunge, post-hardcore - anything along those lines.

About me; been playing for 10+ years & was in a regular gigging metal band years ago. Have also dabbled in a jazz combo and an acoustic due. I'm in my late twenties and have a career so not looking to be a young-rock star, just want to play music with others & enjoy some gigs.

Live in Reading but work in London so either is easy for me. Please get in touch if you've got anything that might be of interest...[/s]

Edited by Lw.

• 1 month later...

Still looking.

Maybe I should state some of the bands I listen to most often so you get the idea of things I like (as said before though, it's quite a range): Pixies, Warpaint, Jimi Hendrix, Biffy Clyro, RHCP, La Dispute, Touche Amore, Nirvana etc... Though I do listen to most other genres too.

Do people expect recordings of my playing? What format is usual (ie a simple mp3 of me noodling around or some kind of play along or youtube video)?

Yeah I did do a Gumtree ad - one good sounding band replied (they're looking on here too) but I couldn't go with them for other reasons, the rest of the responses were either completely inappropriate bands or weirdos.

Maybe I'll do another one on there but add in the specific bands I like rather than just naming the genres.

Thinking about it... Maybe it would be a good idea for us all to have a thread somewhere on BC for bands to search for bass players in their area. It would have to follow a simple structure to be searchable by the forums software something like.

Username : CamdenRob
Genres : Blues, Electro, Icelandic Throat Singing etc...
Available for new projects : Yes
Youtube / Soundcloud clip : www.????

Basically a little Bio of all our members. Don't want too many fields or it'll become unwieldly, plus no-one cares what gear people have or how old they are...If everyone posted in that thread a band could search keywords and return a set of matches for people in their area....

Sorry for veering wildly OT - hope you find something soon :)

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1408534639' post='2531096']
Thinking about it... Maybe it would be a good idea for us all to have a thread somewhere on BC for bands to search for bass players in their area. It would have to follow a simple structure to be searchable by the forums software something like.

Username : CamdenRob
Genres : Blues, Electro, Icelandic Throat Singing etc...
Available for new projects : Yes
Youtube / Soundcloud clip : www.????

Basically a little Bio of all our members. Don't want too many fields or it'll become unwieldly, plus no-one cares what gear people have or how old they are...If everyone posted in that thread a band could search keywords and return a set of matches for people in their area....

Sorry for veering wildly OT - hope you find something soon :)
[/quote]
Good idea. Even better if folk delete their post when the vacancy is filled (assuming they know when the role has been filled)
I guess Mods could delete posts older than 3 months, for example.