Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Neo cabs

Kevin Dean

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1405582074' post='2503161']
I havent seen any other product videos - but I'm really liking the sound from my NEO cabs. Brief description via the link in my sig
[/quote]
Thanks for that , Can you adjust the tweeter ?

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1405637154' post='2504012']
Thanks for that , Can you adjust the tweeter ?
[/quote]
No (TBH I had to check there was one :blush: ) In my other abm cabs I always had the tweeter switched off - but I prefer the sound of the neo cabs overall, so not sure it matters (to me anyway) that you can't switch it off.

At the moment I use the ABM Neo 400 R with a Barefaced super 12T . I use the ABM head with the foot switch to cover all the sounds I need , The EQ & Drive to get a Stranglers type sound , Compression & Octave for Tony Levin type sound , but with the shape button it is just a little bit to bass heavy & was hoping that the Neo 2x10 might just resolve that . Plus it looks nicer , looks easier to carry , & I'm just talking myself into getting one ...Oh & the after sales service at Ashdown has been excellent ;)

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1405678808' post='2504231']
At the moment I use the ABM Neo 400 R with a Barefaced super 12T . I use the ABM head with the foot switch to cover all the sounds I need , The EQ & Drive to get a Stranglers type sound , Compression & Octave for Tony Levin type sound , but with the shape button it is just a little bit to bass heavy & was hoping that the Neo 2x10 might just resolve that . Plus it looks nicer , looks easier to carry , & I'm just talking myself into getting one ...Oh & the after sales service at Ashdown has been excellent ;)
[/quote]
I wouldn't use the shape button on the neo cab either TBH. I get better results with running the abm eq mostly flat, no compression and a bit of drive.The neo cabs are a bit less dark and bassy than regular abm (never tried S12), so you can bump the bass / low mids more, and its still nice and tight - but I don't think the shape thing helps much.