Why become a member? ×

got a voucher for writing reviews on Thomann's site

I was looking at the Thomann website last week and happened upon a page suggesting I review some of the stuff I had bought previously. I must have been feeling accomodating, so I left a few short reviews to say what I liked about various bits of gear & accessories.

Yesterday I received a €25 voucher as a thank you which was totally unexpected and very welcome as it means the Harley Benton bass ukulele I was planning to order anyway is now only costing me a little over £80.

Why didn't anyone tell me earlier that Thomann have a policy of rewarding people who leave reviews?

It has, indeed, been mentioned at least a couple of times here, so you should have seen it. Do you not read every single post..? :ph34r:

:lol:

... and yes, it's a nice way of limiting the damage, and is to be encouraged. Win, win.

Edited by Dad3353

Unfortunately only one of the things that I have bought from Thomann has been eligible for a review, as they have stopped selling all the others. I wrote a rather scathing review of their Star Bass sized gig bag, which got me money off the hard case version!

I reviewed the other half of my previous purchases last night and got another voucher this morning - this time for €30. It looks like the order I placed hasn't been processed yet so I've been cheeky & asked whether this voucher can also be applied to my order. If not I'll have until the end of October to use it. I'm sure I'll need to get hold of some aquila thundergut strings to keep as spares before then so not a problem if I can't apply the discount to the current order.

The max you can claim is 50 euros and I've had my full amount now...as others have said it has to be a full review to get the full value voucher otherwise you just get 5 euros. Actually currently in terse discussions with them over this

:[attachment=166865:P1030851.JPG]

They say, despite my photo and explanation that a scratch plate that wears off in a couple of months and is unfit for purpose ,that I have to send it back to establish it is faulty and it could be away 3-4 weeks and if they rule against me it will cost me 35 euros! They don't have any more in stock either. It cost buttons anyway but I'd just like them to acknowledge it's a fault....

Edited by yorks5stringer

If the vouchers expire, it costs them nowt. If they're used, they've made a sale they might not otherwise have made, albeit at reduced, or even zero, margin. It's worth it to them in any case. It's worth it too for us, as it's a genuine reduction in cost, unless we'd not have bought summit without the reduction, of course. It's all good, really...

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1405585170' post='2503199']
I actually don't think I've ever ordered from Thomann :blush:
[/quote]

Ordered?? I vaz only followink orders! Seig heil!
Er... For you Tommy, ze var is over... um... (insert WW2 racist stereotype here)

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' timestamp='1405508119' post='2502484']
I reviewed the other half of my previous purchases last night and got another voucher this morning - this time for €30. It looks like the order I placed hasn't been processed yet so I've been cheeky & asked whether this voucher can also be applied to my order...
[/quote]
Got a reply back yesterday saying "no problem"and the order dispatched shortly after so I've now saved €55 - just over £40 - on the cost of the order by writing a bunch of reviews. Now I'm realy looking forward to having some fun with the uke bass or the 'little kahuna' as it will probably be referred to.

Minotaur brown leather bass strap incoming!

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/minotaur_bass_strap_brown.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...strap_brown.htm[/url]

Not bad for a freebie, I reckon. :)
PS: Many thanks to the OP for making this nice little earner known to the community.

Edited by discreet