Why become a member? ×

New Boss Reissue pedals

iamtheelvy

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1405577535' post='2503136']
I am all over the DM-2W! the DM-2 is a superb pedal, I wonder if this will have the bass whammy effect on the originals?
[/quote]

Possibly, although Boss have tried to emulate the DM-2 on the DD-7 before.....and failed.....so unless the new DM-2w completely nails the original sound, I think the original will stay in the high price range.
Also remember that there are a LOT of DM-2 clones, but people still go back to the original :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1405604216' post='2503533']
Possibly, although Boss have tried to emulate the DM-2 on the DD-7 before.....and failed.....so unless the new DM-2w completely nails the original sound, I think the original will stay in the high price range.
Also remember that there are a LOT of DM-2 clones, but people still go back to the original :)

Si
[/quote]

Wasn't the DD7 digital? From the way this seems to be marketed, it will be the same circuit with an additional mode?

Yeah DD-7 is digital but has an analogue (DM-2) emulation. I'm assuming DM-2w is exactly the same circuitry as the original , as you say, seems to be how they've marketed it.
But they have added another mode.....so the circuitry is different.....so could sound different ;)

We'll see :)
Si