Why become a member? ×

Plectrums

Thunderbird

Just wondered what plectrums all you guys are using I have used the 0.73 Dunlop Tortex picks and I really like them but I have just changed to the Dunlop Maxi-grip ones in 0.73 but they feel much thinner than the Tortex ones they are still nice so I am thinking next time I may order them in the 0.75 gauge unless you guys have any other recommendations

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405620791' post='2503788']
Herco Flex Gold 50. Used 'em for decades.
May be too thin for you, but they don't wear down, they're grippy and they last forever.

[/quote] Cool cheers Mark maybe a touch thin for me but I am gonna google to see if they do other sizes :)

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1405621622' post='2503806']
Dunlop 1.14mm in purple.
[/quote]

Yep, but I use the tortex version, essentially 3 picks in one due to being triangular. They`re not quite as big as the pic makes out.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405633425' post='2503981']
Do you find the big stubby gives a duller sound that is a little close to finger style?
[/quote]
No, not really. I'd call it crisper not duller.

I rarely play with a pick but if I do it's usually because I want a faster attack and the harder the pick the more that happens. It also means I'm able to play faster if I need to, especially close to the bridge.

However, I seem to recall that the last time I mentioned the idea that harder pick meant faster playing, not everyone agreed with me.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1405637764' post='2504013']
However, I seem to recall that the last time I mentioned the idea that harder pick meant faster playing, not everyone agreed with me.
[/quote]

No, they didn't! :lol:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405620791' post='2503788']
Herco Flex Gold 50. Used 'em for decades.
May be too thin for you, but they don't wear down, they're grippy and they last forever.

[/quote]

I'm using the heavier Flex 75s and have done since the late 70s. I'm surprised that you don't get any wear, I shred mine to bits and after a month they normally get binned as the point has completely worn away. As a result I buy then 100 at a time. On my 5th set of a 100 at the moment.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1405670711' post='2504123']
I'm using the heavier Flex 75s and have done since the late 70s. I'm surprised that you don't get any wear, I shred mine to bits and after a month they normally get binned as the point has completely worn away. As a result I buy then 100 at a time. On my 5th set of a 100 at the moment.
[/quote] I just ordered some 75's am looking forward to trying them :)