Why become a member? ×

1 rack space left...

GUI101

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1405665403' post='2504081']
Wouldn't it be a thing if someone made a 1U pizza oven.
P
[/quote]

Surely if you found an amp that ran hot and added some insulation. By the end of the gig you might be getting somewhere.

Furman power conditioner would be my choice, a tuner you can have on a pedal (and act as a mute at the same time), the same applies to a comp. I would rather have a pedalboard in front of me and use the extra space for the conditioner as it may save you from headaches caused by faulty venue electic instalations.

about 10 years ago i used to have a rack and in the final space i had a piece of brass custom cut out with my band name and backlit it with mini cold cathode tubes, it looked amazing and added ventilation too. i still have the brass panel somewhere :^)

Edited by winterfire666

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

Have searched high and low for the pizza oven and death rays but no joy I'm afraid. But in other news, I like the look of the dbx compressors. The 166xs seams to be within budget too, has anyone used one of these? Or is the 160A the one to go for?

Cheers
Gui

Just another question,
The dbx manual says that an eq should be used in the 'sidechain' when using with a multi-way speaker as the compressor will be before the crossover. I have an EAD 212 which is a 3 way design. Is this a must or will it not make any difference?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but this is my first rack set up, so can do with all the advice/help I can get.

Cheers
Gui

[quote name='Stealth' timestamp='1405980040' post='2507291']
Air
Its light cheap and vastly underrated if i had known i could have stuck a 1u vented cover in the package with the amp.
[/quote]

Not to worry, I still haven't made my mind up as to what I want to fill the gap (if anything) yet.