Why become a member? ×

1982 Squier JV Series Precision
£665

bassintheface

[b]£650.00[/b]

Hello all,

Due to an ebay sale falling through, I decided to hang onto this bass, but following some GAS and a house extension, I need to raise some funds!

I have for sale my mint condition 1982 Squier JV Series Precision bass.
The serial nr is JV so those of you who know what this is will appreciate that it isn't a Squier as people now know them!
RW board, 3 colour sunburst, tort plate.
Like a 62 RI Jamerson 'funk machine' look.

It is a lovely looking and playing bass, in excellent condition.
It's currently strung with a lovely set of Thomastik flats for that Motown thump that only a Precision can do.
Plays with a nice low action and beefy pickups!

I got a decent deal on it when I bought it and I'm happy to share that with the forum if it's going to stay in the community, so it's something of a bargain, seeing what other JV's are going for.

As far as I'm aware it is fully original except for a replacement switchcraft jack (done before I bought it) and some sort of minor routing work to the controls cavity - this was something I wasn't aware of when I bought it and found it when I finally removed the scratch plate.
I would hazard a guess that someone had once put some active circuitry / pickups in it and needed more room.
This doesn't affect the playability one bit and you cannot see it at all under the scratch plate.

It will come with a gig bag.
BACS please.

Pics are located here - [url="http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/bassintheface/library/Squier%20JV%20Precision?sort=2&page=1"]http://s1341.photobu...n?sort=2&page=1[/url]

Any questions, fire away.

Cheers.

Edited by bassintheface

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1405691724' post='2504402']
Ah, that's my old bass and it's lovely. I had it with TI flats on and it sounded just like a P bass should.

These JV basses really are as good as their reputation suggests.
[/quote]
Agreed my doppelganger JV Precision is a nicer bass all round than the '63 Precision I once owned. The only P bass to rival my JV, that I have played at least, was the Pino and that will set you back a great deal more moolah

• 4 months later...