Why become a member? ×

Poor helpless lady requires assistance

elliephant

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I am not a bassist. My mum bought me an electro-acoustic guitar a couple of years ago. She was also sold an amplifier which I have never needed. I recently bought a PA system and definitely no longer have use for this amp which I have never used. So, I decided it was time to sell it. However, the make is Commodore which I had never heard of before. So, I did a little Google search for Commodore and all that came up was bass guitars. The amp is a Commodore Stage 50b. Can anyone tell me a bit about this amp? I've managed to find that it's a bass amp but that's about the only thing I know about it. Is Commodore a good make? How much do you think I should charge? Like, I said, I've never used the amp and it's in perfect condition.[/font][/color]

Looking online for other makes using the 'Stage' model name I've found a series sold under the brand name Johnson - here http://www.sonic.net/~thelink/amps/amps_2.html

Does it look anything like the Stage 50 Bass Amp? If so then that has a new list price of $130 so I guess secondhand and in good condition it might be worth about £40?

There was one listed on [url="http://aloewood54.rssing.com/chan-23797812/all_p271.html"]Gumtree[/url] for £40. I'm guessing it's a 50W 1980s model that will have been sold under various brand names, so that price would be about right.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1405762846' post='2505001'] I don't think it's worth a huge amount I'm afraid. I saw a lead guitar version for sale at £25 on Gumtree. [/quote]

Or what in Antiques Roadshow parlance would be a "fun little item" <_<