Why become a member? ×

Small nuts and washers for Glockenklang preamp?

Dolando

Hello,

I got a Glockenklang preamp off here a while ago and he sent it to me without any nuts or washers and I cant find any that fit. They're a lot smaller than the standard size and I've also tried metric nuts from Allparts and they are also slightly too big.

My callipers say that the diameter is about 6.7mm but I can't seem to find any on the internet. So if anyone knows what type pots these are and where I can get nuts and washers for them it would be greatly appreciated. Ideally located in the UK.

Thanks,

Adam

If you know the size, you can probably get what you need from [url="http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Macc-Model-Engineers-Supplies-LTD/BA-Nuts-and-Bolts-/_i.html?_fsub=10&_sid=218248456&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322"]maccmodels[/url] on ebay. Probably a larger quantity than you need but still less than the price of a pint generally!

Well I've had a look at that ebay shop and I could get the standard washers from there, but don't have nuts that are thin enough. I could get the lock washers from a hardware store I think, so I'm not too concerned with finding them. It's just the nuts that seem to be difficult to find.

CH Guitars have these, but they say they are for mini and full size pots, not sure what that means. I've contacted them to ask them.

http://www.chguitars.co.uk/hardware/screws-springs-nuts/sc17-four-x-nuts-and-washers-for-volume-and-tone-pots.html

Oh and I've also contacted Glockenklang directly, but we'll see if I get a reply. I can't believe its this hard to find some.

[quote name='Dolando' timestamp='1405851737' post='2505706']
I did mention it to him when I first got it, but didn't reply. I might drop him another message.

And yea I have already sent an email to Glockenklang, so hopefully if it's as good as you say they might sell me some. :)
[/quote] Might be worth doing that and hopefully he may reply this time :) Just thought Wilkinsons (the high st shop chain) sell quite a few little bags of screws and odd sized washers etc may be worth looking in there

[URL=http://s917.photobucket.com/user/DolanCustomGuitars/media/4C18C1EA-B33B-4874-8869-53E6EB36FFC9_zpssmzxn6wj.jpg.html][IMG]http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad17/DolanCustomGuitars/4C18C1EA-B33B-4874-8869-53E6EB36FFC9_zpssmzxn6wj.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I got a letter from Germany this morning....Glockenklang have sent me the nuts and washers completely free of charge...now thats good service. Although I can't actually fit this yet, as the bass isn't built yet but I thought this would take longer to get sorted. :)

[quote name='Dolando' timestamp='1406195602' post='2509164']
[url="http://s917.photobucket.com/user/DolanCustomGuitars/media/4C18C1EA-B33B-4874-8869-53E6EB36FFC9_zpssmzxn6wj.jpg.html"][/url]

I got a letter from Germany this morning....Glockenklang have sent me the nuts and washers completely free of charge...now thats good service. Although I can't actually fit this yet, as the bass isn't built yet but I thought this would take longer to get sorted. :)
[/quote]
what I said. B)

Huh, better than ABM then. I had a missing saddle piece in a bridge and not only did they want money for it (which I was more than prepared to pay) they wanted twice again for postage. When I proposed that they do what your friends at Glockenklang do and tape this tiny piece to a letter, they stubbornly and rather tersely refused. So I bought a single no-name monorail bridge off eBay, took the saddle (which fitted perfectly) and binned the rest. Wasteful, but job done. Was a little miffed at the inflexibility.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1406312064' post='2510565']
Huh, better than ABM then. I had a missing saddle piece in a bridge and not only did they want money for it (which I was more than prepared to pay) they wanted twice again for postage. When I proposed that they do what your friends at Glockenklang do and tape this tiny piece to a letter, they stubbornly and rather tersely refused. So I bought a single no-name monorail bridge off eBay, took the saddle (which fitted perfectly) and binned the rest. Wasteful, but job done. Was a little miffed at the inflexibility.
[/quote]

Thats outrageous! Lack of customer service is my pet hate, especially when you go into someones shop and they seem to lack very basic customer service or are just simply rude. The main one I don't get is when its clearly a independent business and the stuff they sell isn't that cheap, and you don't even get a simple hello. Sorry, rant over. It just really winds me up.

Glad you got it sorted though. :)