Why become a member? ×

Thick bass tone... found it! - GB Streamliner 900

mcnach

Now, this is not a tone I would consider to be my favourite, or even one that I would use much in my band, but it's a tone that I find delicious.

This is a track from a Spanish pop band from the 80s-90s, this is from the first album selftitled "Mecano", from 1981. At the time I didn't notice, but in the past few years I came to notice the bass on their first two albums. I like the basslines a lot, and the bass sounds thick and I could not really replicate the sound with any of my dirt pedals. It sounded like it had some mild overdrive and a lot of compression.

I have just got a GB Streamliner 900 and I was playing a little with it, along to a few tracks, while waiting for girls to get ready to go and get some breakfast (so plenty of time :P) and this track came on, called "254 13 26" (a phone number). And with the gain switch on, turning up the gain, and my 75RI Jazz on the bridge pickup (EMGs) it sounded not just very close to it: I could make it sound even better! :lol:

This amp is fantastic. I'm in love :gas:

Here's the track in question:

[media]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38169404/10-2541326_192_lame_cbr_ex.mp3[/media]

and for those with browsers that don't display the player/link above... maybe you can try this, if you still want to hear it :)

[b]COPYPASTETHIS=>[/b]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38169404/10-2541326_192_lame_cbr_ex.mp3X
[b]<=COPYPASTETHIS[/b], and remove the "X" from the extension mp3X (I had to do that to prevent the BC software to autiomatically recognice it as a media link and insert the media player thingy

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='crag42' timestamp='1405875905' post='2506053']
I don't see a link at all?
[/quote]

what browser do you use?
the link is embedded and shows as a little black media player strip thingy, with a play button etc. right at the end of the message. Looking ok on Firefox. :huh:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1405898908' post='2506374']

what browser do you use?
the link is embedded and shows as a little black media player strip thingy, with a play button etc. right at the end of the message. Looking ok on Firefox. :huh:
[/quote]

er? .... The one on my Samsung S3?

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1405948301' post='2506796']
Wow Jose, Mecano!...I can't even remember last time I listen to their music :)
Lovely bass tone indeed
[/quote]

Ha ha, blast from the past, eh? :lol:

I had nearly forgotten all about them, but the first two albums have a few interesting basslines and a beautiful tone. I
only realised that recently!