Why become a member? ×

What amp?

Riot_Code

Hey guys!

I'm in the market for buying a new amp. But I'm really not sure what I should go for!

Previously I've had a Trace Elliot, I can't remember what model it was, it was a 2x10 combo with the same head as the AH300-7. And I've had an Eden Nemesis, 2x10 combo.

Now I loved the Trace, possibly my fave amp I've used, but it was super heavy and pretty impossible to move. Then came the Nemesis, whilst this amp was so easy to move about and use, I didn't feel the connection to it as with my old Trace.
And my quesition is, should I go for a similar, though smaller, Trace? Or go crazy and get something totally different, like the Mark Bass Mini CMD121P combo (an amp I've wanted for a long time)?

Thanks for reading guys and I hope to get lots of helpful advice :D

Well in my old band the other bassist - yep there were 2 of us - had a 1x15 Trace combo and that was ridiculously heavy as well. Sounded great, very loud, but heavy as heavy can be.

I`ve the Markbass CMD121P and it`s a great little amp. I pair it with the matching NY121 ext cab, and the two together are easier to get about than that 1x15 TE combo.

Soundwise the MB isn`t much like the TE, though get a pedal and they can be made very similar. I had an Aguliar Tonehammer and a DHA VT pedal, both of which made my bass sound like said other bassists (which is why I didn`t keep them, as no point in us both sounding the same). But the point here is, you can get very nearly the same sound and still have arms in their sockets.

Thanks for the fast reply! I think I'll end up going for a smaller Trace Elliot than my previous, might even get a cab and head if the price isn't too much more than a combo. I don't think I'll be happy unless I have the Trace sound.
Wow, I made my mind up fast there!