Why become a member? ×

Double bass/upright bass teacher

Hello!
i've been flirting with the idea of double/upright for a while. new skill one has to learn in life.
Does anybody know of a tutor in HArrogate North Yorkshire? and can you give me any hints?
i noticed other posts on hiring etc. as i am poor and about to gt married i can t afford one at the moment. Probally dont have the room for a big double bass but and EUB maybe. do short fat sausage fingers hinder the fun?

Cheers

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='246938' date='Jul 24 2008, 03:15 PM']Hello!
i've been flirting with the idea of double/upright for a while. new skill one has to learn in life.
Does anybody know of a tutor in HArrogate North Yorkshire? and can you give me any hints?
i noticed other posts on hiring etc. as i am poor and about to gt married i can t afford one at the moment. Probally dont have the room for a big double bass but and EUB maybe. do short fat sausage fingers hinder the fun?

Cheers[/quote]
Hi Mate, hope you're well. I don't know of any teachers off hand but you may be able to source someone, probably through Leeds school of music.
I have short fingers and I get on fine. You have to stretch a little bit more but it's definitely do-able.

If you want to try my double bass, your more than welcome. I get between Wakey and York quite often and Harrogate isn't too bad a detour.
I'm away all next week but am available after that. Let me know.

Cheers,

Edited by TPJ

[quote name='TPJ' post='246947' date='Jul 24 2008, 03:27 PM']Hi Mate, hope you're well. I don't know of any teachers off hand but you may be able to source someone, probably through Leeds school of music.
I have short fingers and I get on fine. You have to stretch a little bit more but it's definitely do-able.

If you want to try my double bass, your more than welcome. I get between Wakey and York quite often and Harrogate isn't too bad a detour.
I'm away all next week but am available after that. Let me know.

Cheers,[/quote]

Hey man hows things. I mat take you up on that offer at some point. If you're playing any gigs with it then let me know. Im not gonna be around in a couple of weeks (sunny cali honeymoon!). but will let you know.

Speak soon