Why become a member? ×

Boom goes my TC

Lee Carter

Well depressingly my TC Classic 450 head has gone pop, all the lights but no output. I think it may be the input stage as there is no activity on the compressor LEDs, which I would expect if the input stage was working correctly.

Anyway, thinking of junking the TC rig as sending to Sheffield to be presented with a rather large bill is not on my list of priorities at the moment. Thinking of maybe one of the new Ashdown 420 rootmasters as they are local to me, any issues I can pop it the car and deliver by hand.

Does anyone have any experience of these heads in general and also when pairing them with a TC RS210 and a TC 212 stack?

Doesn't sound good if you have to consider writing off an amp just because it broke down.
Everything can be fixed... but I like amps where the parts to be fixed are small... and not boards.
I would talk to TC and see what their thoughts are...? but if you have done that, that might be quite
damning, IMO.

You're Classic 450 issue, may be the reason it was somewhat discontinued for the newer RH450. I'm using a RH450 with 2 BC212 cabs. Works great. I'd look into having it repaired, as long as it's way under the cost of a new replacement.

Edited by gsgbass

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1405946568' post='2506765']
You're Classic 450 issue, may be the reason it was somewhat discontinued for the newer RH450. I'm using a RH450 with 2 BC212 cabs. Works great. I'd look into having it repaired, as long as it's way under the cost of a new replacement.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the Classic and the RH450 were released at the same time. The Classic being the "budget" RH which doesn't have saveable presets. Otherwise it's the same unit :)

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1405997674' post='2507353']
I believe you're right about them being released about the same time, but TCE isn't showing the Classic in the amp line anymore.
[/quote]

Yeah, I think they've covered that area of the market with the BH series. What I was getting at is the same tech is in both the classic and the RH so it's unlikely that the classic has been discontinued due to technical issues where the RH has been allowed to continue :)