Why become a member? ×

Mex jazz deluxe with East J retro 01 **SOLD**
£525

Rowley Birkin QC

Up for grabs is my trusty Mex Fender Jazz Deluxe fitted with an East Retro 01 pre.

I've always liked this bass, but find I rarely play it nowadays, and in all honesty I need to thin down my collection. It's in mint condition, and, if not required I can replace the East pre with the original one to make the bass cheaper at £400.

If anyone buys it as is I'll send the original pre along with it.

I am looking for a nice 4 string unlined fretless, so would be open to trades for the right one with cash either way.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by Rowley Birkin QC

Thanks for that, and you're right, it does sound the dogs......especially with new strings on.

I've threatened to sell this on a few occasions, but always ended up changing my mind when I picked it up to photograph it and had a little noodle on it. But this time, I'm making a real concerted effort to resist changing my mind!

I just hate it when people post things like, 'If I had the cash I'd buy this' and so forth, but... If I had the cash, I'd buy this!! :lol: ;)
Been spending far too much lately... the current mrs discreet is getting suspicious, so I'd better keep me head down.

Cheers Discreet, I've tried to price it realistically. In all honesty, the bass is up for sale for exactly what I paid for it (without the East) some 5 or 6 years ago, but I would be taking a hit on the East as I bought that new.

If I get no takers at the full price, I'll remove the East and sell it separately.

[quote name='happynoj' timestamp='1406796919' post='2514730']
Is it as custard-coloured as it looks on my computer or is it just the lighting?
[/quote]

Ha! I think the lighting wasn't too good when I took the original pictures but it is a fairly pale yellow. If you want to pm me with your email address I'll take some more pictures in the good daylight and send them to you if you want?

Cheers
Rowley

[quote name='Rowley Birkin QC' timestamp='1406808124' post='2514875']
Ha! I think the lighting wasn't too good when I took the original pictures but it is a fairly pale yellow. If you want to pm me with your email address I'll take some more pictures in the good daylight and send them to you if you want?

Cheers
Rowley
[/quote]

Don't trouble yourself. Unfortunately I can't afford to buy it, so unless you fancy a trade for a Warwick 5er it won't be coming in my direction. I was just curious about the colour because you don't see many yellow basses around.