Why become a member? ×

Come Together - Beatles

Hobbayne

I massively overplayed then end of Come Together the other weekend...but I defend myself on the grounds there was a lot of space to fill :)

Sometimes I think there are instances where instruments overlap and what we thought was a bass not was actually the guitar, or, like in guitar parts it's difficult to distinguish which guitar is doing what...if that makes sense...it doesn't does it...I'll leave

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1406127196' post='2508588']
Sometimes I think there are instances where instruments overlap and what we thought was a bass not was actually the guitar, or, like in guitar parts it's difficult to distinguish which guitar is doing what...if that makes sense...it doesn't does it...I'll leave
[/quote]

No, you're spot on. Most people have no idea what they're listening to and this is the reason why most covers bands can only produce a rough facsimile of a song instead of nailing it. Which is why I don't play covers any more - too frustrating.

Even within our originals band there is controversy over what 'genre' a particular song is - something that I think is fairly strong 'rock/alt/pop' is seen by the guitarist as 'leaning to country and a bit lightweight', so I don't know what the hell he's hearing. It's not what I'm hearing. Luckily it doesn't matter, as it is what it is - we're not trying to reproduce someone else's version of it. :)

Edited by discreet