Why become a member? ×

Bradford, England

blue

I'm a newbie here From Milwaukee WI. I'm an older guy and would like to move away from the 4 hour bar gig circuit if I can and tour regionally or nationally.

I have a few contacts but no offers or opportunities yet. I did get one personal response from a female blues guitarist from Bradford (Chantel Mcgregor). She was all set with a bass player. I thought it was really decent that she responded.

You guys know much about her?

Blue

Edited by blue

Local girl who is doing pretty well on the national blues circuit. I've known her since she first started playing guest spots at local gigs, when she was very young.

Funnily enough I was once on the same bill as her in the Orkneys Islands, which was strange as she pretty much used to live around the corner...

Edited by peteb

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1405986677' post='2507336']
Local girl who is doing pretty well on the national blues circuit. I've known her since she first started playing guest spots at local gigs, when she was very young.

Funnily enough I was once on the same bill as her in the Orkneys Islands, which was strange as she pretty much used to live around the corner...
[/quote]

Cool,

Yeah we have a young lady from Witchita Kansas over with a similar act. Her name is Samantha Fish. Check her out if you like. I met her at The Shank Hall Show. She has a very well versed bass player.

[url="http://www.samanthafish.com/"]http://www.samanthafish.com/[/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMUOMJPKUgQ

Blue

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

I first jammed with her when she was 15. She was slightly precocious in those days but her over baring parents that came with her caused that. I remember doing 'sweet child of mine ' with her - just a kid and she played the arse off everyone. Not seen her in a couple of years when we were on the same bill in Skipton and she did a solo acoustic spot - very good she was too.

I've been on the same bill as her a couple of times in North Derbyshire. She's a mighty talent on the guitar, but I know what you mean about her parents Dr. I tried to have a chat to her about music and her dad was a total PITA. I hope for her sake she's been able to move on from that situation.
Samantha Fish I've seen once live at The Flowerpot, Derby. Very impressive guitarist and singer. I think she may be touring the UK again later this year.
Kev, I've never warmed to Joanne Shaw Taylor's music. I'm ready to be proved wrong though!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1406024883' post='2507541']
I first jammed with her when she was 15. She was slightly precocious in those days but her over baring parents that came with her caused that. I remember doing 'sweet child of mine ' with her - just a kid and she played the arse off everyone. Not seen her in a couple of years when we were on the same bill in Skipton and she did a solo acoustic spot - very good she was too.
[/quote]

likewise, several jam nights at the 'tut n shive' playing 'sweet child of mine' etc, she was very good at the widdly stuff but being 15 didn't have the soul to go with it...I'd be interested to hear her now too :-) she had great promise!

She spent a fair bit of time in the guitar shop I worked at too (trad music), with her dad looking all proud n wotnot

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1406054570' post='2507912']
likewise, several jam nights at the 'tut n shive' playing 'sweet child of mine' etc, she was very good at the widdly stuff but being 15 didn't have the soul to go with it...I'd be interested to hear her now too :-) she had great promise!

She spent a fair bit of time in the guitar shop I worked at too (trad music), with her dad looking all proud n wotnot
[/quote]
It was the tut n shive as I recall. 'Mad' Cliff was the drummer !! She also took part in the beer tent jam after we played the main stage at the Clarence Fest once. Welshy did it , me , Rod , couple of drummers including little Mark - maybe you too , I know I didn't do it all. I fact I recall dong one song on a G and L and I bet it was yours. 2001 - it was boiling hot.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1406127132' post='2508586']
It was the tut n shive as I recall. 'Mad' Cliff was the drummer !! She also took part in the beer tent jam after we played the main stage at the Clarence Fest once. Welshy did it , me , Rod , couple of drummers including little Mark - maybe you too , I know I didn't do it all. I fact I recall dong one song on a G and L and I bet it was yours. 2001 - it was boiling hot.
[/quote]

:D good beer in the Tut, it's gone now isn't it? paving the way for progress etc... :(

Pretty sure I've not played anything at Clarence (yet), I'd hope to remember that one, in fact I think I only made it there on one occasion which is a rather poor show! I still live in hope of playing there in that funny white house-stage-thing of course ;)

I have had a couple of G&Ls but I suspect the G&L in question might have belonged to Marc Coyles' mate who drummed and played bass, his name might have been Ian (?) he was in a Wakefield blues rock band that did early Gallagher stuff (Taste era... bullfrog blues and sugar mama I do remember hearing) but I can't remember their name right now (it's my age etc), I remember him having a lovely old sunburst G&L that he played through a 2x15 and it sounded superb...he is/was also in the b-eagles but on drums...talented so-n-so!