Why become a member? ×

Jackson guitar

bassbora

I thought I would make a new thread to ask any Jackson guitar knowledgeable guys about the following. I was thinking about getting an old beat up superstrat type thing and I came across one in this pawn shop I think its the best way to describe it. It does not have any writing on it so I have no idea what model it is or how much its worth. Its priced at £210. The serial number is 9848436 and it had a sticker saying it was made in Japan. I did try to look on google for any information on it but could not really find anything. Its made in 1998 I think. It has Seymour Duncan pickups HSS, shark tooth inlays on the neck and a Jackson licensed tremolo bridge. Head stock is facing down.

I was also thinking about taking in my Hohner L59 and see if I could do a swap. I got that guitar almost 20 years ago and when I bought my Musicman Axis I have barely touched it. Does anyone have any idea how much L59s might be worth.

Sorry for pestering you guys with these questions but I just dont know much about guitars and have not looked at any guitar forums and most users here on basschat are always very helpful.

If the pup's are duncan designed rather than actual duncans, which would link in with the Lic. trem, then its a Dinky. Depending on condition price is about right. If the pup's are Duncans then the bridge should be an original Rose, both in the Soloist model of that era if that's the case its probably a good buy at that price. Best bet is play it see if you like it. The neck might be a big difference from the L59. L59's go for anywhere from 150-250 depending on condition/colour/upgrades etc. They might do a swap if your lucky.

[quote name='Joeyfivebags' timestamp='1406216058' post='2509424']
If the pup's are duncan designed rather than actual duncans, which would link in with the Lic. trem, then its a Dinky. Depending on condition price is about right. If the pup's are Duncans then the bridge should be an original Rose, both in the Soloist model of that era if that's the case its probably a good buy at that price. Best bet is play it see if you like it. The neck might be a big difference from the L59. L59's go for anywhere from 150-250 depending on condition/colour/upgrades etc. They might do a swap if your lucky.
[/quote]

Sorry for late reply and thanks for the info. I checked back at the shop and the pickups are actual duncans and not a duncan design. But the trem is lic. trem so the pickups might be a later upgrade. Im still thinking about this. I am trying to be sensible and not give into GAS.