Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Holy Smoke - It's a Flying V Batman . . .
£220

TimAl

[color=#cc0000][size=7][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]S O L D[/b][/font][/size][/color]

[size=5][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Hello there all,[/color][/font][/color]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Here's something a bit out of the ordinary - I've gone for a Flying V Bat Bass this time.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Built by myself - so truly unique - I've decoupaged an old genuine 70s Batman comic onto the body, along with a bespoke headstock decal & then lacquered all to protect from blood, sweat & tears - it's even Glastonbury proof![/font][/font][/color]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]The donor was a Gear4Music Flying V originally in black, so please note that this is NOT a new bass so it does[/color][/font][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] have a few dings & dongs [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]& has been finished by hand[/font][/color][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828] so there's the odd crease where the paper has been wrapped & stuck to the edges of the body - which is only natural! - but nothing at all that affects its visual appeal or playability; I'm sure this would really be more likely to hang on a wall than your 'go to' bass but I must say it sounds great with huge tone & presence with those two mahoosive humbuckers. The [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]action is medium at around 3mm at the 12th fret, & i[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]t weighs in at just under 4kg / 8.8lb on my particularly ancient bathroom scales - but certainly doesn't feel too heavy to me.[/font][/color]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]In my own little world I've listed how much I believe this bass is worth to me at £220.00 - my previous Bat Basses generated a lot of interest & my last one sold for more than this figure - b[/color][/font][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ut I am open to serious offers as this is a one-off piece & it's really only worth what YOU think it's worth.[/font][/color]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]I'd also[/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] positively encourage you to come see it in the flesh, so to speak, to make sure you're totally happy before parting with any lolly. I'm just outside Bedford & work from home, so am pretty flexible with timings. If that's not possible for you I'm more than happy to securely bubble wrap & box up if you wish to arrange your own courier.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Payment by PayPal 'Gift', bank transfer or good ole fashioned cash in hand - plus no trades, swaps or magic beans please.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]All comments - both positive & negative - are most welcome.

Cheers
Tim[/font][/font][/color][/size]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by TimAl

Oh god, at band practice last night I was just thinking 'I should get a Flying V to match the guitarists custom made one'....

And I tried to bid on the Jazz (but didn't get a message to the girlfriend in time)...

[center]A good ole fashioned Monday morning[/center]

[center][/center]

[center]Seriously, I'm happy to consider any offers before it goes on the dreaded bay this week.[/center]

[center]Happy Monday all, Tim.[/center]

Nice work again but I would have gone for a different headstock decal (if I had a thousandth of your talent :D )
Bump
[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/index2_zps047fe59a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/index2_zps047fe59a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

SOLD! Subject to the usual blahs . . .

@ Karlfer - you know, I did toy with the 'usual' text-based headstock but found that particular image fitted pretty well so thought a bit of colour worked wonders up there. Talent smalent - all learned from Blue Peter . . .