Why become a member? ×

I got a Behringer ;-)

isteen

The amp everybody love to hate.
I haven't used it much, and not in the last year or so completely. So I pulled it out, thinking I could sell it along a cheap bass, just to get a bit of money for the summer.
I was surprised how good the little fella' sounded (BXL 900A). With gain set at 9 o'clock it sounds great. Even If it's supposed to be a 90 watt combo, it's certainly not very loud. When gain passes noon, the sound just turn to crap, but from 9 - 12 everything's smooth and cool.
I actually think I'll keep it, but 3 amps are a bit to much for my needs (and I think of getting a new one - Fender Rumble 500).
Turn it up to much, and it sounds like sh*t.
Watt is another story with Behringer, I would like to see a 1000 watt, then I might use it for a gig.

Anyone with a positive experience with Behringer?

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1406035842' post='2507705']
i think the heads sound good, i really didnt rate the cabs though
[/quote]

This is my opinion on Behringer too. Aside from the speakers which are totally dire, all of their stuff is pretty good sounding!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1406036884' post='2507720']
...all of their stuff is pretty good sounding!
[/quote]

I've had (and still have) a BDI-21, I've had compressors, limiters, headphone amp, rack tuner, other various bits and pieces... never had a problem with any of it. Just to redress the balance against the huge number of negative Berry posts online.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1406037217' post='2507730']
I've had (and still have) a BDI-21, I've had compressors, limiters, headphone amp, rack tuner, other various bits and pieces... never had a problem with any of it. Just to redress the balance against the huge number of negative Berry posts online.
[/quote]

Yep. My BDI21 is one of the best gear purchases I've ever made. I also have a 'valve' (ahem) mic preamp which hasn't failed me in the 7 years I've owned it - not bad for £30.

I`ve used a Behringer amp & cab, was very good, and a mate has an amp/cab set-up and his sound, with a 68 Jazz is amazing. I`ve also had the BDI21 which was great, and sold my Shure SM58 as I prefer my £18 Behringer mic, XM8500. A mate of mine, who is a lead singer I might add, also did the same.

Guest Jecklin

In the late 90's and early 00's I and nearly every musician I knew or came across owned and gigged or recorded with something that was beringher and no one thought anything of it.
Once I started using various musical internet forums from the mid 00's I was made aware that everything I had done up until that point was invalid because of the equipment I had been using. How could I continue using this stuff? It was bad in every way.......

The thing is when you turn off the computer and get back to actually making music in the real world for real people you realise (as this thread proves) that the stuff works well and is affordable.
As someone (a realist it seems) retorted on a certain US based recording site the frequency response of no microphone was considerably worse than a beringher microphone, and that difference is profoundly more noticeable than the frequency response between a beringher and a neuman.

A mate of mine has a beringher amp and it does not sound bad!

I bought a V-amp on here recently for home practice and I'm really pleased with it.

It's not the best unit in the world, but I've found an amp sim I really like (the Gallien-Kruger profile) and it's got a headphone jack, aux-in and tuner - everything I need for practice in one unit

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1406070836' post='2508168']
I`ve used a Behringer amp & cab, was very good, and a mate has an amp/cab set-up and his sound, with a 68 Jazz is amazing. I`ve also had the BDI21 which was great, and sold my Shure SM58 as I prefer my £18 Behringer mic, XM8500. A mate of mine, who is a lead singer I might add, also did the same.
[/quote]

Funny you mention that I've had a Behringer mic for years and it outclasses the SM58 for clarity........still use mine in preference to one.

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1406129814' post='2508630']
Funny you mention that I've had a Behringer mic for years and it outclasses the SM58 for clarity........still use mine in preference to one.
[/quote]I read that many BBC soundmen carry Behringer mics as they sound better than SoMe others.