Why become a member? ×

can an ls2 do this?

lefrash

I'm currently lookin at different ways of setting up my pedals. I run an boss line selector with two loops (one with dirt, the other with octaver) all running into my zoom ms60b which I have as compressor and amp SIM. Seems to be working fine but I'm finding the compression is perhaps taking the oomph off the extra layer when I kick in octaver. I've now tried to run the effected output of the octaver into return one, and all,the other pedals into return two. By putting a jack into the input socket I've now basically got two inputs going into one output. Thus results in loop a only kicking in when the octaver is on, and it's not compressed therefore feels more like another layer. I just plug the amp in from the output socket on the ls2. Perfect.

My question to you all is, the two send sockets are not getting used, could I potentially use them two feed two di's to the pa allowing the sound man to mix the two as the room needs?

Its an interesting idea as I'm finding sonetimes with the way I'm doing it just now, I just dnot get the thud I'd like when kicking in the octaver. I could try it myself but I've ran out of cables believe it or not!

I don't think I fully understand how you've wired them up or what you want to achieve in terms of on or off, or where you have now put the zoom.

If I have it right you have some how fed a parrallel line of effects into the LS2 and are using the main output to the amp?
You want to know if the spare two outputs (one for each loop) will output their own loops signal?

I believe it does but issues will come when the sound guy doesn't want to take two DIs for bass. What with having to spend ages mincing and checking the kit the less he or she has to do for everyone else the better.

Personally I would work on getting the best possible signal coming out of one output.

Ask yourself if you really need the compression on. If so I'd put everything in loop 1 with the zoom at the end, then the octave in the other. Now the octave isn't going yo get compressed

Yeah, you got it bang on. It's just a theory at the moment. The reason why I think it may work better is simply so that the normal bass sound (with compression, eq pre amp, dirt or phaser) will always constantly sound the same, no matter whether the octave is on or off. the output of the ls2 will still be running to the amp so I'll still get the blended signal, and that's just something I'll deal with as I am just now, but it will give the Foh a much bigger and more consistent sound.

As I say though, it's just a theory at the moment, but if the ls2 can work like it, I'll rewire my board and test it through my rehearsal rooms pa. (where all my cables are).

Oh and the point regarding the sound man not liking it, well our setup is not normal ( lots of percussion, no guitars) so getting 2 di's at the front rather than one at the amp shouldn't (and won't) be an issue.

Edited by lefrash