Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Stack

gsgbass

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1406197993' post='2509197']
I take it you replace your 4x10 with the 4x12 :)
[/quote]

Yes, I replaced the BC410 with the first BC212. After a day or two with the BC212, I decided to go with the second cab. The 212's are 8 ohms, the two brought back the setup down to the 4 ohms the 410 had. Sound wise, the 412's sound as good, or better than I anticipated.

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1406211982' post='2509375']
4x12 certainly will be louder then the 4x10 and size wise not much different on the TC BC cabs.

The good thing about this is you can always use a single 2x12 for smaller gigs and use both on bigger ones :)
[/quote]

Absolutely. I can also add another BC 8 ohm cab to the stack if I ever wanted to also.

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1406159261' post='2508989']
I really like the sounds from the Eminence speakers used in the TC Electronic cabs.
[/quote]

I think Eminence speakers are a really nice match with Fenders, prob why I like Ampegs so much.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1406223918' post='2509552']
I think Eminence speakers are a really nice match with Fenders, prob why I like Ampegs so much.
[/quote]

A good number of cabs do come with Eminence. The one other bass speaker I'd choose would be JBL's. Jensen was never a bad bass speaker either.

If I have the money the RS stacks will be my ideal solution. It keeps me happy and my wife happy since it won't take alot of space and it looks cool.

She is complaining about my Trace rig at the moment saying how ugly it is ..... (wears and tears). I told her I sold all my good stuff which looks nice for something decent but cheap ....... she looked at me and felt guilty.

[quote name='Lee Carter' timestamp='1406297218' post='2510334']
This was a nice stack:

[/quote]

Show off. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AqQhiwa.gif[/IMG] [b]Just Kidding![/b] I'm razzing ya' cause I'm 5' 5" on a good day. That's a vertical stack of TC E's. Very nice.

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1406078560' post='2508191']
I added a second BC212 cab to the setup. The 2X212's sound great with the Fenders I'm playing through them.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9sZtVUi.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

That's a great, neat looking rig.

I've been toying with the idea of replacing my Ampeg 410 with one BC212. The Ampeg is 4ohm and to be honest I don't really need the amount of volume it can chuck out. I'm just wondering if the 212 would be enough though as I'd only be putting 180w through it max.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1407086804' post='2517200']
That's a great, neat looking rig.

I've been toying with the idea of replacing my Ampeg 410 with one BC212. The Ampeg is 4ohm and to be honest I don't really need the amount of volume it can chuck out. I'm just wondering if the 212 would be enough though as I'd only be putting 180w through it max.
[/quote]

The BC212 cab is 8 ohms, 250 watts. I really like having the fuller sound of the two BC212 cabs, even at low volumes they have a nice full rich 4X12's sound. Use one, or both, they sound great. I like it better than lugging one 4X12 cab around.

• 1 month later...